Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at upgrading my f7 in the hp department. What i would like to know is what mods are really worth doing. I plan on buying a boondocker and having the engine ported, what else should i do? I have heard some decent stuff about the y pipe, bmp has the pipe mod, also could cut the head if it helps. Anyone know of a good set of pistons i could install, found these pistons on ebay .ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Arctic-Cat-Firecat-700-F7-SnoPro-M7-Piston-Kits_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ100456QQihZ020QQitemZ300063359092QQrdZ1
Does anyone have any coatings done in there engine ( like having the piston domes and heads ceramic coated or having the pistons coated to reduce friction like swain tech coatings). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The D&D twins make real good power. Would compliment any future porting, especially with a Boondocker. Coatings are worth the money but not sure about HP gains, but if cutting heads or using a timing key makes it cheap insurance for that bad tank of fuel, that you had to have to make it back home.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
clutching is big before or after any others if you change power characteristics you have to clutch to them to notice their full potential.(think of it like having 1500 horsepower and a 6 inch tire. its worthless if you cant put it to the ground!!) hope this helps

·
Registered
233 Posts
Carbed or EFI?

EFI I would say start with clutching, providing your not too rich on oil pump.

Carb I would say jetting first. Its hard to clutch an engine that isn't making proper hp due to over fueling.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm looking at upgrading my f7 in the hp department. What i would like to know is what mods are really worth doing. I plan on buying a boondocker and having the engine ported, what else should i do? I have heard some decent stuff about the y pipe, bmp has the pipe mod, also could cut the head if it helps. Anyone know of a good set of pistons i could install, found these pistons on ebay .ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Arctic-Cat-Firecat-700-F7-SnoPro-M7-Piston-Kits_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ100456QQihZ020QQitemZ300063359092QQrdZ1
Does anyone have any coatings done in there engine ( like having the piston domes and heads ceramic coated or having the pistons coated to reduce friction like swain tech coatings). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same sled. I had a friend who is big into Cats helped me out and we tested against a stock F-7. D&D pipe loses power and fell behind test sled. With a Speedwerx pipe it put me ahead of test sled three lengths or so. V-Force reeds=better throttle response but no noticeable speed accelatation gains. Timing key is a must-will improve low end take off. I also have fuel mods to adjust the fuel pressure. One is in the fuel tank (low-end) and the other is under my hood for the top end. It has also been ported which seems to increase the mid/high power,speed.. We also decreased the compression after porting for reliability purposes. Also keep the stock can on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts