Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide which unit to puchase. I'd love the 60Csx, but I don't really want to spend that much money, so I started looking at the etrex legend cx and vista cx models. Anyone have these? How have they worked? What are you opinions on which one is better. Just looking to get a good unit with out spending a ton of money. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I was at that compare page, but I missed that one. Looks like the only difference is that it doesn't come with any flash memory. My other concern is I have been reading about people who say the reception is poor on the etrex units in woods and in a house, anyone have this problem? The reason I am going through this is because I ordered a Magellen unit online a month ago and it has been backordered. Now the more time I have to read and think about my choice, the more I think a garmin would have been a better choice. I like the magellen unit, but i also hear the software is not that great. Plus all the great garmin help you can recieve from this forum. Just looking to hear from people who have these etrex units. thanks

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The expandable memory is great on the 60cx but no voice navigation and the screen is pretty small for in the car. If you are using it on the trail the size is great.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have a Legend Cx now. No reception problems in the cab of my truck (laying on the seat). My Etrex & Legend had to be on the dash to get sats'.

When I used the Cx this summer on my MTB in the woods this summer the unit never lost the signal.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I got a CX for Christmas and it seems to work fine. It works great in the car/truck and even in the house, although it does have trouble getting a signal in the basement. I've yet to take it into the woods. Still waiting on snow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.