Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I currently own a 2000 ZR 600. Blew it up last year, in the shop now. I LOVE this sled. I intend on keeping it too.
So, question is this...I currently have an F7 on order, but with all of the "problems" that seem to be inherent to this
sled, I don't know if I should get it or go to a ZR 800 efi. I realize this forum may be a little biased, but I am not sure
what to do. I really want that F7, but not the headache. How are the new ZR800's? I have heard of some piston
problems.? Any input...????

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a 01 Sno Pro 440 and a F7. I have 180 miles on the F7 and no problems. If your dealer is a good dealer and they follow the proper set up procedure and you are willing to take the time to break it in properly believe me when I say the F7 is worth it. The suspension blows away the ZR's (in my opinion of course) . The handling is different, but it doesn't take too long to get used to. I would recommend ditching the stock 4 inch carbides at the dealer though.... I put 6 inch Bottomlines on and it handles a lot more positively. I bought the F7 and love it. Think about it... I choose to ride something other than my Sno Pro. I never though it would happen!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
The piston problems you mention were on the 01 800's. The 02's/03's were "new and improved". A new ZR800 is a great, great machine and a significant improvement over your ZR in many areas. With that said however, I think you answered your question when you said "you really want the F7". Marc

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I have a 900 and my brother has a f7 stock and my 900 is mod a little. we where dead even but i have a problem with belt slippage and a low end bog. he had to buy c&a pro skis just to turn the thing. If you ride trails mostly go with the zr. It handles like a dream... A wet one that is :wub:

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you ride trails i would say go with the F7. I put 100 miles on my F5 this weekend and it was the best riding sled I have ever sat on. The narrow tunnel is comfortable. The sled handles like a dream. I road pretty hard thtough some twisty trails with out any ski lift. I could never go back a ZR after just one ride.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
hey firecat spanker I belive you had 240 studs, v-force reeds, clutch kit, geared down, and gutted air box. That means that you spent about 8,750 dolars to keep up with a stock firecat that only cost 7,400 dolars. That is about 1300 dollars more than I spent. And about the c and a pro skis I did not need them to turn I got them because I am such a hard core rider and when u take turns at 90 it helps.

·
Registered
743 Posts
have a F 7 with 240 miles on it and it runs and gos great has not let me down yet, I did not even brake the pull rope yet with all the time I have pulled it over with all the miles it, I think it is a great sled.

Rich

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Originally posted by trailblazer98@Dec 10 2002, 09:04 PM
If you ride trails i would say go with the F7. I put 100 miles on my F5 this weekend and it was the best riding sled I have ever sat on. The narrow tunnel is comfortable. The sled handles like a dream. I road pretty hard thtough some twisty trails with out any ski lift. I could never go back a ZR after just one ride.
Ditto- I have 230 miles on My F5

·
Registered
636 Posts
:D i'm glad i didnt pull the trigger on a new f-7 fit and finish issues and now the piston issues. i sat on it and love it next year you can bet i will be buying a F-7 should give cat enough time to clean up all the little problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts