Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some insight on the Honda trx 400, Arctic 400 manual and auto, Polaris Sportsman 400 and a 400 Yamaha. Any problems with any of the above mentioned in the latest models 2001 an up?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i'd get the sportsman 500, i know a bunch of people who have them and love them, it keeps up pretty good with the 700 especially low and mid range, the independant suspention is perfect everywhere, i did notice some body roll, but once u get used to it its awesome. i wouldn't recommend a foreman 450, it seems slow and heavy, but its pretty powerful...

give us some more info on ur riding conditions!!! and how ur planning to ride

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you mean the TRX400EX sport quad or the utility?

Even though I am completely against Polaris in nearly everything... I would recommend their utilities over the rest, hands down. Now if you plan on keeping it many years, then maybe not, but from what I've seen the Polaris has the utility atv design down great--and I'm not even one of those 4x4 guys :lol:.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Originally posted by 03SnoProF5@Mar 28 2003, 11:47 PM
Even though I am completely against Polaris in nearly everything... I would recommend their utilities over the rest, hands down. Now if you plan on keeping it many years, then maybe not, but from what I've seen the Polaris has the utility atv design down great--and I'm not even one of those 4x4 guys :lol:.
very well said!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
depends on money, the honda is a sport quad, sport quads take much more talent than an auto utility which takes about as much as a sled, but if u really want to have the ultimate machine for anything short of a quarter mile drag, buy a bike!

·
Registered
827 Posts
it all depends what you want to do with it,if you want a work horse i would go honda,yamaha and cat, polaris is lower on the chain,if you want a good all around atv a yamaha kodiak 400 is hard to beat, very reliable, fun to ride, very stable,and very reliable,,,just my opinion,, :frech11:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Get a Yamaha Kodiak 440 great ATV!

·
Registered
67 Posts
What are your plans with the atv? Are you going to trail ride, hit the mud holes, install large mud tires and use it for hunting etc? If so I say get the Polaris sportsman 500 HO or one of the twins (600,700) They have come to be one of the most dependable quads built and will do anything and everything you want them to. Come checkout Atvquadsquad.com Also check out Highlifter.com.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts