Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I PLAN ON GOING TO THE UP THUR. I WAS HOPING I COULD GET SOME HONEST REAL LIFE INFO ON WHERE THE BEST SNOW IN THE UP IS? I HAVE HERD A FEW THINGS FROM ONLINE BUT I WAS NOT SURE WHERE THE CUT OFF LINE IS.TRYING NOT TO TRAILER FROM THE HOTEL OR DRIVE ANY MORE THAN I HAVE TO. I AM SURE I WILL BE GOING PRETTY FAR WEST. JUST NOT SURE HOW FAR. THANKS FOR THE HELP AND INFO.

:linemup: :celebrating:

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
184 Posts
The least farthest west you have to go to get decent riding in is Watersemeet, and you can ride around Lake Gogebic area, bergland, Eagle River Wisconsin, Ironwood, bessemer, and Land O lakes area. These places will have the most snow in the UP. Im leaving right now to Eagle River, Wisconsin and staying at the Hiawatha Motor Inn, once I get there I will give you A live snow/trail report of the conditions up there. :ylsuper: :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I heard southrange, Mich has the most plus their grooming. But its only a small area! :banghead:
But hey you'll at least be able to RIDE! :div20: ................. :smilielol: FYI near the town of Houghton, Mich

[attachment=276197:twinlakes.jpg]

[attachment=276198:image.jpg]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes we here in South Range area have snow and are grooming, The Superior Snowmobile Club has been grooming and brushing since the last "storm" that left us with 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow, which is now frozen snow. You can now ride from our front door to the Lake Gogebic area with groomed trails, however there are low spots in towns, as for the North end, snow is low. As a rider, and one that has friends with/ and 1 new one sitting in our garage we have snow yes, we're riding, perfect conditions,6-10 inches of fresh powder NO, CAN YOU RIDE YES!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
This map shows the latest snow depths. Looks like South Range and west to Eagle River has the most snow.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The least farthest west you have to go to get decent riding in is Watersemeet, and you can ride around Lake Gogebic area, bergland, Eagle River Wisconsin, Ironwood, bessemer, and Land O lakes area. These places will have the most snow in the UP. Im leaving right now to Eagle River, Wisconsin and staying at the Hiawatha Motor Inn, once I get there I will give you A live snow/trail report of the conditions up there. :ylsuper: :beerchug:[/b]
:Wow1:

I'm leavin for Watersmeet RIGHT NOW :banana:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot everyone. sounds sweet. i will; heading up thur. i am going to start packing now it will be a 4 day trip. looks like i will try watersmeet first but might go more west a little. :div20:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes we here in South Range area have snow and are grooming, The Superior Snowmobile Club has been grooming and brushing since the last "storm" that left us with 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow, which is now frozen snow. You can now ride from our front door to the Lake Gogebic area with groomed trails, however there are low spots in towns, as for the North end, snow is low. As a rider, and one that has friends with/ and 1 new one sitting in our garage we have snow yes, we're riding, perfect conditions,6-10 inches of fresh powder NO, CAN YOU RIDE YES!![/b]

Looking for some help, I live in Grand Rapids MI how far (hours) is it to South Range.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Above lake goebic is the best, just got back.Thankfully there was not alot of sledders UP ,to my saprise seeing how it was the only spot in michigan with snow.I used up all the good snow but left some out of town for you all the off trail was just starting to get hit.Trail 11 has water holes & its thin near lake superior.Trail 102 & 11 was great, if I would have had more time would of went up 13 & 3

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice pic. when was that taken? how long where you up for? and are the trails all shity now?

:linemup: :celebrating:

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Pic is from the 26th ,here is from the 27th about 3:pm on 102.A picture is worth a 1000 words.The trails where starting to get snirty around town.I have seen it worse in feb. tho
I headed home the 28th & there still was not as many sleds on 8 as you would expect for this time of year.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
The least farthest west you have to go to get decent riding in is Watersemeet, and you can ride around Lake Gogebic area, bergland, Eagle River Wisconsin, Ironwood, bessemer, and Land O lakes area. These places will have the most snow in the UP. Im leaving right now to Eagle River, Wisconsin and staying at the Hiawatha Motor Inn, once I get there I will give you A live snow/trail report of the conditions up there. :ylsuper: :beerchug:[/b]
let's hope so because I'm settin off for Ironwood in about 20 minutes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.