Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Where is there some decent riding down here in southern maine? I'm from topsham and would like to travel somewhere close next week. I was thinking maybe Sabattus, but dont know where to unload? Any other suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Hey guys,

Where is there some decent riding down here in southern maine? I'm from topsham and would like to travel somewhere close next week. I was thinking maybe Sabattus, but dont know where to unload? Any other suggestions? Thanks[/b]

There is a park and ride in Sabattus right before the lake. Not sure what the roads name is, but you can see it from the main road. Its on the left if your heading towards the lake from the intersection. I went up there about three years ago, and was pretty impressed with what they do.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a park and ride in Sabattus right before the lake. Not sure what the roads name is, but you can see it from the main road. Its on the left if your heading towards the lake from the intersection. I went up there about three years ago, and was pretty impressed with what they do.[/b]
Which intersection? Coming from rt. 9 in Lisbon?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody riding this week? I'm on vacation and i'd like to hit some fairly local stuff. Newport is a good idea. Been there many times in the summer with the atv.

·
Registered
304 Posts
newport has some good riding.[/b]
I was in Newport yesturday, the worst riding i have ever seen. On the way to Greenvill was great till around 11 or so when there was tons of sleds out on the loose snow which made bumps. Took us 5 hours to get from Greenvill back to Newport riding at about 25-30 mph the whole way back. They deffinately need a warm up to settle the snow down and a good grooming.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Why go that far? Instead of going up Rt 202 go up 4 to Jay then hit rt 2 into Wilton/Farmington area,it far superior to Augusta or Monmouth area and half the distance of going to Newport and has better trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts