Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in VT we have rectangular Registration stickers that are about 3.5 x 5 inches. I went to put mine on but i can't really find a good spot where it's not on the graphics. I don't want to put it on the windshield because I know i'm bound to break that.

Does anyone have any pictures that show where they put theres?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ZRT Guy. That's the spot I was contemplating. My only concern was wether it would adhere well to the somewhat textured surface down there. I guess it should be fine though.

·
Administrator
21,001 Posts
I put mine parallel to the F7 decal ... so it was actually at a slant instead of lined up with the flat side below the side of the windshield. I'll see if I can take a picture tonight and post it for you. I've got a standard green, and with the yellow registration numbers it looks pretty sharp when they run in the same direction as the F7 decal.

Chris

·
Administrator
21,001 Posts
Originally posted by LabonteF7@Dec 10 2002, 04:30 PM
I put mine parallel to the F7 decal ... so it was actually at a slant instead of lined up with the flat side below the side of the windshield.  I'll see if I can take a picture tonight and post it for you.  I've got a standard green, and with the yellow registration numbers it looks pretty sharp when they run in the same direction as the F7 decal.

Chris
Oops ... I should've looked at your post a little closer. That "rectangle" sticker wouldn't work too well going above the F7 decal. Right where ZRT's got it looks good to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Make sure to clean surface well. If at all possible make sure it's the surface is warm. apply alot of pressure from the center out when applying. Works like a charm.

·
Administrator
21,001 Posts
Zirt hit the bullseye ... ALWAYS make sure you clean the surface first (I used rubbing alcohol) and then put a hair dryer to it. Once you do that, you're good to go.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT Guy@Dec 10 2002, 04:02 PM
See if I can do this...
That is where I put mine. Mounted it on a 1/8" thick piece of lexan and rivoted it to the belly pan. Then applied the stickers over it. No problems with it adhearing to the lexan. Almost looks like a small licencense plate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike C, why did you decide to use a mounting plate? Couldn't find a spot you liked without it?

Do you have a picture of it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
i live in michigan and ours are gold this year. i put mine just below that went slot he put his and just ahead of the rivit. it looks nice for a stupid sticker..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I put mine on the front right and left sides of the TUNNEL! Screw that UGLY MICHIGAN GOLD COLOR! And if that wasn't bad enough.....WHAT'S UP WITH THE PINK TRAIL PERMITS???

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by mizax@Dec 10 2002, 06:21 PM
Mike C, why did you decide to use a mounting plate? Couldn't find a spot you liked without it?

Do you have a picture of it?
mizax- I mounted my registration sticker exactly where ZRTguy mounted his (see his picture). The only thing I did was mount the 1/8" lexan in place first, then applied the sticker. I was a little concerned that the sticker might fall off if applied directly to the rough surface of the belly pan. Although the factory decals seem to stay on OK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts