Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys go for your performance parts and modded parts. Other then what your local dealership offers.Since all of us dont have a massive dealership with tons of parts to select from,and always reading about ppl getting stuff done at Bikeman and such.so just looking for some info where you guys go in Ontario.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
If you are interested in Firecat mods, bigbores, dynosetups etc, I would go with Jeff at Birch Point Marine in Bobcageon, ont. HE has his shit together and can make a stock F-cat fly or even go big bore. He is also a dealer for D&D and has access to many other sources. He builds his own big bores as well as set up others builders engines. Has doen three sleds for my family and all were best in class at drags and speed runs in our area. If you are not the fastest, you will be in the hunt that is for sure. He may give you a better deal if you tell him James Patterson sent you form Hardcore and cash always helps. Now is the time as he is getting started on the sleds right now.

Jester :div20: :banana:

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Forgot to mention that Bikeman is also very good and did great by me on myF8. Jeff help me get mine setup and it flew. Good choice either way but Jeff is close and within driving distance.

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet sounds good jester,and yea,dealin with an 04 F-7 efi sno pro.jus looking to turn some heads this year,was disappointed with it last season.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Jeff has a kit for your sled that flat out rocks and will give an F8 alot of trouble to top end where the F8 goes away. It will give any really well setup F7 all it can handle if not winning. Ask Puddy about his setup as he had it on his. They are fast.

Jester

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Arnies Cat House of Novar has been a fixture in performance of Arctic Cats for years. Although not a Cat dealer any longer he still specializes in performance and has some of the fastest sleds out there. Custom made or just to make your stocker go Arnie is the king of clutch. Parts, parts, parts he has a church full.

Birchpoint Marine in Bobcaygeon is great at making Cats go as well. I think there fortay is Firecats but they make all there Cats go. Jeff deals in big bore kits, dyno services, clutch kits, etc.

For big bore kits for your ZR or Firecat Engine Tech has kits that make great power. Stock cylinder F8 kits, Billet 900 and Billet 1160 kits Art makes stuff go. I run Arts 900 kit on the tar and I am very happy with it.

Just a few for thought.

ptm

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
One last thing, if you were disappointed last year, you may need the ecu reprogrammed as I know of two that needed and were much faster after. Jeff did both of them and then set them up. i did not have a chance to race them late last year but heard they were wicked fast.

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im gonna stay standard bore,maybe in the future go with the big bore,but sticking to a 700 this year,just looking to go fast. Iv spent a lil bit on it already,but still not happy

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
Hey Stan!

How's the 900 coming along? You should take the head off that thing for a table piece. Too purdy for oil to mess it up. Love that billet work. I may have to take a good look at his 1160. That thing rocks. My 800 will be getting tired soon and ned of a makeover. HAHA!

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the sled has great hole shot,but severly lacks in the top end,my brothers stocker F-7 kills mine top end.
I got v-force 3's.got the ecu update.some clutch work was done.studded 1.378 track,im wondering if the track is an issue hear.or are ppl getting good numbers with that track,just need help.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by $sLeDnEcKs$@Sep 13 2005, 03:06 PM
im gonna stay standard bore,maybe in the future go with the big bore,but sticking to a 700 this year,just looking to go fast. Iv spent a lil bit on it already,but still not happy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873067
[/quote]

As Jester said I had a 2003 Firecat from Jeff at Birchpoint that had his mods on it and it was a weapon and very reliable. I have seen many Cats from the Birchpoint camp that just fly. Jeff is a great guy to deal with as well and is very accomodating. You cannot go wrong dealing with him.

Same can be said with Arnies Cat House although Arnie is not a fan of EFI or the Firecat.

ptm

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
I did not recomend Arnie for the same reason as Stan. Not a fan of EFI but had you said zr or big T then Arnie would most certainly be top of the heap.

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i guess your basicly saying head over to birch point. What sorta modds did he do to your sled and roughly what did it do to your pocket book?How much faster was it over a stocker?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
If I had an efi Firecat I would go to Birchpoint. Depending on what you want to spend Jeff has many different mods. Best is to call and speak with Jeff and ask him what he recommends and you will get all the info you need to make your decesion.

ptm

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
depends on what you want to spend. He can take a stocker to around 145 and then clutch it well for pretty cheap 4-600 bucks. he can also do his 151 kit which is keyed, air box mod, reed petals, regulater, and pipe mod or dd y-pipe and clutching and is not much more. This is a regular gas safe setup as well. This setup is what I am having done to my 05 in a few weeks. The 05 has a more work to secondary and primary so it costs more. The 05 cost about a grand and the 04 I beleive is less. Give Jeff a call and ask him about it. He will give you the low down of what to expect as far as speed goes.

jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the sounds of the 151 setup,what reed pedals does he use,just wondering if my current one's would suffice.and what setup did you have done to your sled puddy? And considering gas prices i wouldnt mind stayin burning regular and you say that it is possible on the 151 set up?

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
I beleive he uses boyasen reed petals but I think Carbon Tech is a good choice as well. He doesn't change the cages though I don't think. Jeff can asnwer whatever question that you might have and will most certainly fill you in. His number is 705-738-2473. Never hurts to make a phone call.

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
figured id get opinions from guys using the setups.since the ppl doing them or selling them can sometimes stretch what it can really do to get the sale.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have to agree that Jeff at birchpoint is the guy you will want to see I am sure he will make you happy and will answer any questions you may have. :smiley-faces7:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts