Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im about to purchase a 2003 sno pro 440 and i having a hard time finding after market parts for it.... I want to buy a silencer and maybe a clutch kit for it... can any one help me out? :beerchug:

oh and sorry for the messed up title i cant edit it....

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
In all actuality, any exhaust product that is aftermarket for that sled won't do anything other then loose preformance and make noise because the stock exhaust is preatty tuned the way it is. If you still want one, I don't know who makes then for that year, so I can't help you with that. As for clutching, ask the guy that is selling you the sled for some help with a home made kit. I don't know of anyone that makes a clutch kit, but you could try ODS and see if they could come up with anything.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man helps alot... Also i plan on using the sled mainly for trail use it may see a few practices but thats about it... What do you reccomend to convert it to a trail sled... It already has been programed to run on pump gas... is there anything else it needs?

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
02 spec Sno-Pro heads, rear cooling system, and if possible, an oil injection system. Ask your dealer, they should be able to help you out on this better then I can.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know what trail advantages the heads and the colling system have.... and do you think it would hurt if i rode it with out these parts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Originally posted by richcat04@Sep 2 2005, 11:40 AM
Do you know what trail advantages the heads and the colling system have.... and do you think it would hurt if i rode it with out these parts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858543
[/quote]
The heads lower compression so you can run pump gas the heat exchanger gives you more cooling capacity for trails with packed or low snow conditions

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you think if i added a bottle of ocatne booster everytime i filled up i could get away from swapping heads?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
no octane booster is crap. you can run an aftermarket silencer its just harder to jet. but when you have it jetted perfect i know it produces a few more horses because i can definetly feel the diference from the stock can. i got my can from a guy on this site who sells custom made ones. does a nice job too, tig welded.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pm me the guy who makes silencers user name and maybe ill get intouch with him... What kind of jetting did you go with?? did you just change your main jet or needles also?

Also is there any main problems with the 2003 sno pro?

Also it sounds like there is no way to getting around buying new heads for sled if im going to trail ride it correct?

And it sounds like if im going to be riding the sled in warmer weather I should def get a better cooling system..

Just confirming everything....

Does anyone know where i can purchase a set of 02 spec heads and this cooling system from and how much do they generally run

Thanks

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
richcat04,
On the 03 440 SnoPro, there is no need to replace your cylinder heads to run pump fuel. However, YOU MUST have the CDI re-origrammed for pump fuel which it sounds like your machine already has. The reason the heads DO NOT need to be replaced on your 2003 with lower compression 2002 heads is because even though the heads on your 2003 440 SnoPro are the same as the 2004/2005 440 SnoPro(2004/2005 REQUIRES lower compression heads), the 2004/2005 440 SnoPro cylinder exhaust port timing is different than what is found on the 2003 440 SnoPro engine. This change in the exhaust port timing found on the 04/05 440 SnoPro cylinders creates an even higher compression, therefore making head replacement a MUST for running pump fuel in these specific machines(04/05). Make sence...?? :smiley-faces7:

Cooling won't be too expensive for that machine as I believe AC has a kit ready to bolt on for the 2003's.

-John

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
My 02 sno pro always ran like crap with an aftermarket can. Run it stock. If it isn't clutched already, and aftermarket company will be able to get you a kit.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
teamgreen, you gotta setup your needles, pilots, and mains according to temp and elevation or yes it will run like crap and bog constantly, but when you get it lean enough it really pulls. Both low end and top end improvements IMO.

But if your not ready to rejet at least your mains everytime you go out dont bother buying one. If you do buy the can i suggest buying prefilters, it takes me about a minute to change each main jet where it used to take me 15 with that big bulkly plastic airbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts