Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm DYING here. I bought a sleigh over a month ago and have not been able to use it. First the arctic cat dealer in one city orders me the hitch, screws it all up and gets the wrong parts, THANKS for nothing (long story). So I goto my dealer I bought my sled from and the receptionist has been telling me the hitch is on it's way to my house now, a week of that and I finally ask for the parts manager. He tells me the hitch is on back order until the end of the month! WTF. I bought a brand new sleigh and I won't even be able to use it until february! Wtf. Anyways, where can I find one other than dealing with them... :frech32:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would assume I'm looking for a pivot style as that seems to be the univseral style for sleighs. Do you know if these are the actual arctic cat kits or are they an aftermarket company? I've never seen this online shop b4. Tnx

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
I would assume I'm looking for a pivot style as that seems to be the univseral style for sleighs. Do you know if these are the actual arctic cat kits or are they an aftermarket company? I've never seen this online shop b4. Tnx[/b]
i dont belive cat makes a pivot one

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont belive cat makes a pivot one[/b]
Thanks for inputting in a thread for a sled you don't have and a sleigh hitch you don't need, just because you haven't personally inventoried one into your head doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you check the 2007 cat catalogue there IS a pivot hitch for XF sleds. :frech32:

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Thanks for inputting in a thread for a sled you don't have and a sleigh hitch you don't need, just because you haven't personally inventoried one into your head doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you check the 2007 cat catalogue there IS a pivot hitch for XF sleds. :frech32:[/b]
well i cant seem to find my book at that time, its gone for some reason

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
catboy09 shut the fuc UP.

ok thats better now here is the hitch i believe you are looking for. dont know if your sled is an early build or not but this is also in cdn funds.

Arctic Cat Part Number: Description: Price:
4639-339 KIT,HITCH-PIVOT ('06 CF, '07 M) $161.95

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
catboy09 shut the fuc UP.

ok thats better now here is the hitch i believe you are looking for. dont know if your sled is an early build or not but this is also in cdn funds.

Arctic Cat Part Number: Description: Price:
4639-339 KIT,HITCH-PIVOT ('06 CF, '07 M) $161.95[/b]
Tnx, I found the PN alright, I'm just kinda looking for a place to buy one from that doesn't require ordering from cat itself.

PS what kind of company has ALL SUMMER to make parts for a SEASONAL toy and then when winter comes they get back ordered MONTHS at a time? wtf is with that...

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
try browns in yorkton. i ordered one for my panther last yr and i had it in 3 days.

i dont know what is with sled companies. all the companies are stupid when it comes to parts. make enough and supply them, people want the parts.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not a big deal to install if it's the same as my m6 a couple hours and alot of riveting and they include a cool set of tunnel supports first remove the seat and snowflap and folow instruction good luck man you also check ebay for that hitch item # 290071318892

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a big deal to install if it's the same as my m6 a couple hours and alot of riveting and they include a cool set of tunnel supports first remove the seat and snowflap and folow instruction good luck man you also check ebay for that hitch item # 290071318892[/b]
Sounds good, from what I've heard the seat isn't a big deal to remove. As long as I don't need to do anything extreme like pulling the rear skid or anything to do it I think I'm in the clear :div20:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got the hitch and supports on today. It went fairly smoothly. The seat didn't have to be removed so I bet they re-vamped the hich or it's just different on 06 XF's. All I had to do was line the bracket up underneath, c-clamp it tighly and then drill the holes and bolt it up. The only mistakes I made were I didn't slide it forward enough so I had to replace 1 of the 6 rear hitch bolts (6 on each side) with a high strength rivet but I'm sure it'll be fine. The other snag was 2 of the rivet holes on the brackets were not drillable as there was some tunnel suspension bracketry of some kind on the other side and I didn't want to risk drilling something by accident. If anyone wants pics I can post em.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
K I took some pics.

A few notes: I didn't move the bracket far enough forward before I drilled my holes, I was off by about a 1\4" so I couldn't get the rear-most nut onto the bolt, I replaced it from the inside with a high strength rivet so that's why you don't see another nut on the outside near the plastic bumper peice, if you look close you can see the end of a rivet. I have no doubt it'll hold, I think I could tow a car with this hitch and how sturdy it is lol. I didn't have a hatchet to chip the ice off the inside of the tunnel (was out riding yesterday) so I cheaply paint-shopped in the shape of the bracket and it's holes to give you an idea. Also note on the protectors that there are 2 rivets on each side missing on the vertical tunnel wall, about the middle of the bracket, there are suspension supports behind there that are part of the tunnel and I didn't want to drill through them for fear of weakening something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts