Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Im pretty sure theft and robbery have been around since the beginning of time.Its just something to be aware of with any transaction.
I know a few people that get scammed all the time but just dont learn
I am sure its been around since there have been funds, but I think we are at an all time HIGH on scammers as to yrs ago
I mean Look how many scammers are from another country and attacking USA citizens and else where daily
there has never been this much of it ever in history or in so many ways there doing so
just look at scam calls as an example, its a billion dollar a yr business, not just a scam! its an out right business, with so many loop holes in it, that its almost unstop able at this point and only getting worse, as more and more , data keeps getting broken into and stolen and used./
as you can have your identity stolen, by NO fault of your at this point in time!
SO< yeah criminals have been about a LONG time, but not in the capacity they are at now IMO
never been this bad!
you can be as careful as you ant and still have things scammed /stolen from you, all the more so when your info is taken from some other agency you have NO control over, yet have to use in today's world!
as like it or not, even if YOU don;t use modern tech, most things you DO use do
from DR's to taxes, to you name it, they put your info in THERE system, and its then OUT of your control what happens to it!

·
Registered
575 Posts
The bank isnt always the most convenient place to meet.
If its a huge cash transaction just take some backup.The dealers come to haydays with at least $250,000 in backpacks.
They probably have appropriate security and additional measures. When it comes to large financial transactions I've found the easiest way to stay safe is to avoid unsafe situations. Anything north of $5,000 will likely take place at a bank for me.

I learned a lesson quite awhile ago through a friend. When you find yourself in a situation involving drugs, money, guns, etc., typically you're not the one with nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I learned a lesson quite awhile ago through a friend. When you find yourself in a situation involving drugs, money, guns, etc., typically you're not the one with nothing to lose.
I sold one of my duallys to a drug dealer several years ago...He rolled up in a new Hummer with his posse...Looked the truck over...decided he wanted it...Preceeds to kick his nike air jordan hightop off and pulls out $22k from his shoe...

Reactions: mrbb

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like the bank needs to mind it's own business to me... :unsure:
I had about $20,000 cash from the sales of the previous boat and $20,000 from the bank. The bank didn't want to lose their $20,000 or me. I'm a good customer. Either way I appreciated the advise.

The internet has opened up a whole new world for the consumer. I can anything I want from all over the world. As it related to toys like boats and snowmobiles it's been great because we're not limited to the dealers or private parties we could drive to in search of a specific make or model. Unfortunately, it opens up a whole new world of scammers and thieves. I've migrated to dealers on a few purchases lately I might have normally preferred to buy private party simply for a peace of mind.

·
Registered
21,309 Posts
I think starting this year using Paypal etc for selling you will start receiving a 1099 for taxes, not saying you will owe taxes but may become just another hoop to jump through at tax time. Part of the BBB plan
I had to fill out a bunch of forms at the bank to put the cash in my account last time I sold a sled

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XC 850 SwitchBack 146
1,956 Posts
Another form of the Gov't saving us.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

·
Registered
121 Posts
What a wonderful society we have become.....
You can't sell an item over $200 on FB marketplace, CL or eBay without the first batch of buyers being scammers. They run bot programs to get first dibs on the new stooge in line.

Have some fun with it.

List the top iPhone used for the exact price they're going for new and within 10 seconds of hitting LIST you'll get at least 3 guys asking if it's still available.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am sure its been around since there have been funds, but I think we are at an all time HIGH on scammers as to yrs ago
I mean Look how many scammers are from another country and attacking USA citizens and else where daily
there has never been this much of it ever in history or in so many ways there doing so
just look at scam calls as an example, its a billion dollar a yr business, not just a scam! its an out right business, with so many loop holes in it, that its almost unstop able at this point and only getting worse, as more and more , data keeps getting broken into and stolen and used./
as you can have your identity stolen, by NO fault of your at this point in time!
SO< yeah criminals have been about a LONG time, but not in the capacity they are at now IMO
never been this bad!
you can be as careful as you ant and still have things scammed /stolen from you, all the more so when your info is taken from some other agency you have NO control over, yet have to use in today's world!
as like it or not, even if YOU don;t use modern tech, most things you DO use do
from DR's to taxes, to you name it, they put your info in THERE system, and its then OUT of your control what happens to it!
I bet 99 out of 100 scammers are from India.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will only accept an I.O.U signed by either Harry or Lloyd.

Seriously though my main preference would be cash but what is wrong with Zelle? To me, for smaller stuff it seemed like a much better way than paypal or venmo. I finally got Venmo cause the seller would only accept that for something used and still don't really see why it's any better or any different than paypal. Thought Zelle was solid? Irreversible? Just like cash and no fees...

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I will only accept an I.O.U signed by either Harry or Lloyd.

Seriously though my main preference would be cash but what is wrong with Zelle? To me, for smaller stuff it seemed like a much better way than paypal or venmo. I finally got Venmo cause the seller would only accept that for something used and still don't really see why it's any better or any different than paypal. Thought Zelle was solid? Irreversible? Just like cash and no fees...
If you arent aware starting in 2022 you will receive a 1099k for anything totalling over $600 for the calender year using paypal,etc…
The threshold was $20000 but was lowered to $600 in the american rescue plan.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris Pro S 800
912 Posts
If you arent aware starting in 2022 you will receive a 1099k for anything totalling over $600 for the calender year using paypal,etc…
The threshold was $20000 but was lowered to $600 in the american rescue plan.
FJB

81 - 100 of 100 Posts