Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Cash. And I have a marker to check the bills.

You can call their bank and verify funds (during business hour's obviously). I've done this at work many times upon accepting a deposit.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Can you provide the url for e-transfer, I've never heard of it and would like to check into it.
Interac e transfers are a Canadian thing, not sure if you have a similar system in the US.

Basically you can send someone money using their email and once it's deposited it's final. You can do it from your phone and it takes seconds. I just bought superclamps from a guy the other day and transferred the cash while we were talking.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Venmo is fine if your in the receiving end. Good as cash. But if your your the buyer keep in mind there is not purchase protection like PayPal offers for goods and services. When the money is gone. It’s gone

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Venmo takes money just like any other form of payment. The question is SELLING not buying. Money hits my account, I transfer it, then let them take possession with a bill of sale and other common sense documents one might need. Done deal.

People sure love complicating things

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
When you sell something for $10,000... Would you want the chance of someone doing a charge back, etc. with Venmo, or take cold hard cash? People have HAD issues with Venmo and they explicitly say not to use it to sell items unless you KNOW the person!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
When you sell something for $10,000... Would you want the chance of someone doing a charge back, etc. with Venmo, or take cold hard cash? People have HAD issues with Venmo and they explicitly say not to use it to sell items unless you KNOW the person!
I’ve personally sold 3 sleds, and a boat with Venmo. I also use it for accepting money for side jobs I do. I’d say close to $100,000 with no issues. Guess I’m just lucky.

im not saying anyone has to use Venmo for anything. Just saying it has worked for me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Interac e transfers are a Canadian thing, not sure if you have a similar system in the US.

Basically you can send someone money using their email and once it's deposited it's final. You can do it from your phone and it takes seconds. I just bought superclamps from a guy the other day and transferred the cash while we were talking.

becareful with e-transfers. I had a guy try to secure a bike I had for sale, said he would pick it up on the weekend but wanted to pay for it. Sent me a e-transfer for the total. Luckily I read it instead of being complacent and hit the accept button, it was a request to send him money!

also another gem of the human race wanted me to provide a history report, like carfax, from a company for a sled I was selling. Not that I was going to entertain that anyways but after looking it up it was a bogus way to send $28 for a fictional report….or maybe to get your credit card info….F’ers

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
becareful with e-transfers. I had a guy try to secure a bike I had for sale, said he would pick it up on the weekend but wanted to pay for it. Sent me a e-transfer for the total. Luckily I read it instead of being complacent and hit the accept button, it was a request to send him money!

also another gem of the human race wanted me to provide a history report, like carfax, from a company for a sled I was selling. Not that I was going to entertain that anyways but after looking it up it was a bogus way to send $28 for a fictional report….or maybe to get your credit card info….F’ers
I have autodeposit on my transfers, so I always wait until the money is deposited and in my account before I do anything.

·
Registered
266 Posts
We met them at their bank and got the cash straight from the teller. Safest way in these times.
Call me crazy... If someone were to tell me that they needed to meet me at my bank and watch me withdraw the cash out of my account, that would be a red flag for me.

Maybe more people withdraw cash than I think, but I always thought the whole point of cash was that uncle sam was not supposed to know about it?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Call me crazy... If someone were to tell me that they needed to meet me at my bank and watch me withdraw the cash out of my account, that would be a red flag for me.

Maybe more people withdraw cash than I think, but I always thought the whole point of cash was that uncle sam was not supposed to know about it?
Ever hear of counterfeit money? I take cashiers checks or I will see the bank hand you the money. I'm not checking every single bill when you pay $10,000 in $20s.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ever hear of counterfeit money? I take cashiers checks or I will see the bank hand you the money. I'm not checking every single bill when you pay $10,000 in $20s.
LOL. Guess different strokes for different folks.

I will take folding money everyday, all day before I even dreamed of taking a cashiers check.

What do you do if your out of town buyer does not bank at a huge bank and has a small town bank that only has branches where they live?

41 - 60 of 100 Posts