Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as I patiently wait on my snowcheck to arrive and prepare to sell my other sled. What is the safest way to do the transaction? I've always done cash, but it's been a while since I've sold anything in the $7k - $8k range.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
cash and these days due to so much FAKE cash, I ask for 100"S ONLY and inspect EACH and every one, making sure there real!
too many scammers out there and unless your super up to date on how to beat them, !
also have a bill of sale showing name and info on buyer and selling price!

and I last
also ALWAYS sell with a legal transfer of title at a title/tag shop, so there is some real paperwork showing buyers info if ever needed
plus I know for sure its out of MY name!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Sounds crazy but I have also asked a couple times to see somebodies ID. I’ve also wrote down the licence plate and color make and model of vehicle they are in. Maybe a lil paranoid since I have never been ripped in a transaction. Oh wait I take that back. I bought a tx 440 from eBay one time went to pick it up nobody home called they said just take it they couldn’t be there. Paperwork was on windshield. It was dark when I got it home I found out it wasn’t a 440 and wasn’t a tx engine either. Guy wouldn’t return my calls. I only paid 200 for it so I just chalked it up to a learning expierence . I have sold a bunch of stuff on here to guys and have never had a hcs known member try and rip me off. So that’s good

·
Premium Member
2016 1200 Renegade X
388 Posts
Sold my last sled using etransfer. Didn’t leave my house until I saw the deposit in my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapajunk Pro

Reactions: tonyvol

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If you accept cash and it’s fake, you have nothing to go on. If you have a fake cashiers check with their name on it, they’re fk’d It will be a hassle, but at least you will have proof.
thats why I do a bill of sale and a legal transfer of title at a title shop, , leaves a official paper trail then!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts