Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 800 xcsp is jetted for 2500' and the sled runs awesome.The question I have is how high up in elevation can I go before it goes too rich to run right?I'm planning a trip to the mountains (McBride,BC)which is about the same elevation I'm at now and I don't really want to change jets.I'm not going out to highmark, just fool around in some powder in a sub-alpine area.
At present my plugs are tan in color.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
If your going to ride at same elevation leave your jets in it. Put some of the fuel from BC in it and look at the plugs. Bring some jets with you and jet later, I don't know what you'll get for fuel so no telling what you should do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I do decide to go farther up the mountain do you have to change jets or are they good for a certain range of elevation?ie. will a sled jetted for 2500' perform the same at 4500' ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check the polaris jetting supplement as a guide for ranges.[/b]
Found here: http://pi54.com/corp/manuals/Owners/9916759r02.pdf

Making some amateur guesses by looking at the chart:

If you're 'jetted for 2500 feet', you can probably run at 4-6K in the same temp range without much problem. Once you get into the 6-8K range, or if the temps are much warmer than you're jetted for, you'll probably be pretty rich. If your trip is about the same altitude as you currently run then you'll probably be just fine.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts