Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will there be enough snow in the Rocky's to ride on and what about the Black Hills? I was thinking of riding there with a few people this year and it is closer to us from MN than CO or WY. :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Black Hill's has had two bad winters in a row..... on a good year you'd be able to ride great snow in December

Possibly be able to ride Rocky's late October? I rode the Snowy's last winter on Thanksgiving and got lots of powder!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Trails in the Black Hills do not open up until December 15th. We have a cabin rented for the 16th and 17th in the hills. Going to make it an early Christmas get away.

Praying for snow. We have had the rental paid on this unit for over a year and poor snow conditions have forced us to cancel 2 times.

It's about 9 hours for us to get to the hills, but well worth the trip. They groom every night if conditions allow.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
We were to the black hills two years ago on Jan1 right after a big snow and I think the only one of that winter. Like said above there is some great on and off trail riding and they groom nightly. I would suggest staying outside of town like at Trailshead or plan on trailering out to Trailshead or one of the other resorts which is what we did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts