Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't come out of corners with any amount of power to this F7,having lots of fun with skis in the air but time have a wee bit more ski control!! Anyone know the fix?

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by BartZR600@Feb 13 2003, 07:03 AM
Do those "how to" tips work on a ZR? I am having the same problem.
If your ZR doesn't have coupling blocks then get them. They make a huge difference on the ZR's.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the AD Boivin ETS kit on my sled. It works great. I still have a real loose feeling up front though. It may be due to my fat butt on the seat! The thing is that we have not had enough snow to really get a feel of what suspension settings to make. I can still pop a good wheelie from a dead stop.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Bart, on my 1999 and 2001 ZR's I moved the rear arm back one hole to keep the skis on the ground and it really helped!

S

·
0 Posts
MessickZR is right, on the Zr's. Moving the rear arm back one hole does help, it also lifts the rear for a more active suspension.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The AD Boivin ETS coupling kit requires the rear arm to be moved back one hole. The limiter straps on the ZR's do not have the holes with bolts holding them for adjustability, there are threaded eyebolts on each side for adjusting.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Set coupling block (square block) to two for more coupling. Reduces ski lift. Set the block to 3 for most coupling, reduces it even more.

Rob's a nice guy, but the "tips" theory of removing the coupling block altogether will result in wheelies unless your doing other things to the suspension.

1. Increase coupling.
2. limit strap adjustments. Bring it up a notch and the skis will stay down a lot more.

My friend has done both 1 and 2 above and has more reduced ski lift than I do (I only did the coupling adjustment since I like some ski lift).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Loosened the front springs and loosened the rear suspension spring 2 turns, and it made a world of difference! I tightened the front springs first thinking more spring tension would equal more ski pressure, i guess i was wrong

1 - 13 of 13 Posts