Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are going to run studs I'd say that you need a minimum of 120 in the centre belt.

Depending on the conditions you ride in here are my recommendations.
1 - Get a new track, 1" or 1.25" 6-pitch predator or a 1.25" Ripsaw (track choice is somewhat dependent on riding style, riding conditions, and if you are planning on running studs)
2 - Install a Yamaha torque limiter on the engine and reset the offset to SRX specs
3 - Set the transfer rods for maximum transfer, get hand adjustable nuts or aftermarket rods.

My Viper in stock form sucked!! I installed a fully clipped 1" Predator, Yamaha torque limiter, and Yamaha transfer rod nuts. Sled is night and day difference. Prior to the changes my Vmax-4 walked all over the Viper, now the Viper holds it's own (on packed snow, not on ice, the Vmax-4 has 192 studs).

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are doing any type of trail riding wouldnt you want your viper to corner flat like as if it were on rails ![/b]
Ya your right it does handle awesome, just looking to show off... probably wont change anything

I was riding hard on new years amd since i picked track I had to burp throttle a few times in corners to front end stuck. i know what ever i adjust will just make that worse. right now its pretty nuetral

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Transfer rods and chisel picks on my srx you can wheelie like a bastard or turn them down and rail the trail[/b]
Ya i heard that,, how much are those? Might try loosing straps just for next weekend, then put them back. Might try drags at snodeo in Maine .
then I'll go buy transfer rods

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.