Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Design your Dream Firecat and hopefully Arctic Cat will listen. You wonder why they never send out surveys on this stuff. I know what I spend on after market parts, Cat should be trying to capture more of these dollars. I think they should have an option above the SNo-Pro that is big$ but you get a lot of value for your money because of economies of scale. My Idea of an option would be something like this. It would be 50-60 lbs lighter than an F7, Less than 400 lbs. would be ideal. It would have a lightweight Hood(Carbon Fiber?), Lightweight Chrome moly suspension parts(Front and Back), Ski's would be agressive like C&A pro's. It would have V-Force 3's and titanium everywhere(springs, driveshafts etcc..). It would have a lightweight exhaust system as well, plus a lightwieght seat like a Boss. I would easily see myself paying a $3-5,000 premium (Cdn) for a sled like this from the factory, depending on how light it is. AC always says weight is a function of cost, well I say give us the option as I'm pretty sure a significant % of sledders would pay a big premium for something like this.

Describe your ideal Firecat and what you would be willing to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
arctic cat does send out surveys, or at least they send me
one every year i get a new sled,(can't wait to get it ) B) :lol: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
629 Posts
F7 with a 900cc EFI motor in it. Force 3 reeds, Performance Pipe. Clutched appropriated for engine. Must have a NOS option. Pay around 9500 or so. Must have high altitude gearing as standard. Must have Temp gauge on it.

Dream, Dream Dream, all we can do is Dream Dream Dream

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about an F9 or F10 that weighed 400 lbs and had 175 hp+? I would pay $5,000 cdn over an F7 SNo-Pro for that no problem.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Man u guys dream big i would actualy just like to see a f5 efi and maybe just change some things so they arent as chincy or so they are easier to work on like the limiter straps go back with the Zr style. also i would like to see them work on making hoods so they are a bit more flexible and so they dont crack ass soon as you put a sticker on it.(exaggeration obiously).

S

·
0 Posts
put it this way Cr250, same thing with A track,250hp, 300lbs, suspension up the ass, 10'000.00 or less.
hey a man can dream!

·
Registered
930 Posts
F6 direct injection
-125HP and a lot of torque
-425lbs or less (maybe 12" track?)
-deep keel skis or duel runners
-Electronic Reverse
-no key, tether with security code
-two up seat option like REV for kiddies
-150+ mile range
-adjustable limiter straps
-two year warranty
-temp gauge standard

...I think I need a moment

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Jan 10 2003, 01:03 PM
F6 direct injection
-125HP and a lot of torque
-425lbs or less (maybe 12" track?)
-deep keel skis or duel runners
-Electronic Reverse
-no key, tether with security code
-two up seat option like REV for kiddies
-150+ mile range
-adjustable limiter straps
-two year warranty
-temp gauge standard

...I think I need a moment
OH YEAH! B)

·
Registered
341 Posts
My dream sled...

ERGO'S- Boss flat top, really high handle-bar risers, MX bars w/protectors, lotsa traction on wide running boards.

ENGINE- Speedwerx or D&D big-bore (720cc-780cc) twin pipes, 42mm carbs, belt-drive, fully enclosed clutch cover, lightweight shafts.

Then a lightweight hood, titanium/magnesium everything (clutch/suspension springs, bolts, A-arms, etc.)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My dream sled!! Every year Cat can send Me the latest hottest thing they got, Let Me beat the hell out of it for the season and then tell them what I think!!! All for FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm with Wicked King..........i'll take one of those

·
Registered
269 Posts
:rolleyes: EASY THE ONE I BOUGHT! :rolleyes: JUST HAVE ARCTIC CAT CORRECT ALL THE PROBLEMS BEFORE THEY RELEASE THEM TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a dream 3 years ago and it came true...F7......SP

Now If I could only dream up some snow for the rest of my dream...

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I would have to say a F7... 420 lbs, 155 horse, twin pipes, reeds, 1½" lugs, studded...clickers up front.... kinda like a F7 cross-country. i would pay 8500 for it

·
Registered
126 Posts
700cc
EFI
Light and agile
Good looks
Able to beat 800cc-900cc sleds
Great suspension
Green

7,000-8,000

Oh, I have that one already