Hardcore Sledder banner

What's the highest you will pay per gallon of gas?

• $1.80-$1.90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1.90-$2.00

• $2.00-$2.10

• $2.10-$2.20

• $2.20-$2.30

• $2.30-$2.40

• $2.40-$2.50

• $2.50-$2.60

• $2.60-$2.70

• I don't care, I'm going to ride, no matter what the price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've already seen prices on the trail that were $2.16 a gallon, I'm certain they will still continue to climb. So how much are you willing to pay, or will you just park your sled?
Let's hear what you think!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am filling up 3 sleds at ever stop!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ mine, the wifes and my 13 year old son`s so if you are paying 10 to fill up i`m paying 30 :wacko: but I love it and we just won`t do much of a vacation this summer :D

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, I know what you are saying, we fill up two currently, but would rather sled than go on vacation this summer.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I would Have to say, that I would pay just about anything to ride on the white stuff. Well, unless it got to like $3 a gallon or something rediculous like that!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
When you think about it, at $2.00 per gallon and most of have 13 gal tanks, 13 x 2.00= $26.00 Let's say we get an average of 12 mpg, thats 156 miles. I think 156 miles in one day is a very good day! If you ride Saturday and Sunday the most you would pay (if you rode under 156 miles) would be $52.00. (unless you have to pay for multipul sleds at the gas station) I guess you should add APV oil too (maybe another $15-$20)

I'm just ramblin

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't think it matters, it is beyond our control. They just keep putting it up and up.

I except that and filler up time to ride. It's nice that some of the machine are getting better mileage.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I'd pay 10 $ a gallon if it meant that I made it home or not :blink:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i saw $2.15 @ Rainbow Lodge. Its located between Grand Marais and Pardise Mi. some time u just dont know if you r gonna make it to the next gas station.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Well, you can pi## and moan all you want. Here in Canada we are already paying $3.00 per US gallon and thats for Regular.

I drive possibly the worst sled for mileage in the cat line. (Guess's here!) And I not about to stop.

It's a hobby, albeit an expensive one!!

To put it in perspective. How much are you paying for valentines day? And are you smilling as much when you are finished???

Just a Thought

·
Registered
71 Posts
you pretty much have to pay whatever they say ....!!! im not gonna stop riding because of how much the gas prices have gone up........im riding no matter what i paid over $8000.00 for my sled and ill be damed if a lousy couple dollars of gas is gonna make me not ride............who would be getting punished.........? ummmmmmmmm ME

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by red patriot f7 sp@Feb 13 2003, 08:15 AM
Since I've already seen prices on the trail that were $2.16 a gallon, I'm certain they will still continue to climb. So how much are you willing to pay, or will you just park your sled?
Let's hear what you think!
Do we have a choice what we pay...seems to be out of our hands :(

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I gas at least 4 everytime We stop! Usually runs 80.00 to 100.00 when We fill up. I have payed 3.00 before for gas! ( I didn't fill up! Just enough to get back) But hey just give em the Visa and sign the slip! I have probably spent 20,000 on sledding this year. New sled, new trailer, Maint. work gas, oil, motel rooms, But it has been worth every penny! Winter Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I drive possibly the worst sled for mileage in the cat line. (Guess's here!) And I not about to stop.[/b]
Let me guess. You drive a 99 zr700. Been there done that.
:wacko:

·
Registered
93 Posts
$5.00 PER GALLON , HALF WAY HOUSE BETWEEN WAWA ONTARIO AND SEARCHMONT ONTARIO. PAID WITH A SMILE, THE TRAILS ARE SWEET AND NOBODY ELSE SELLS GAS FOR ANOTHER 75 MILES.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts