Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
My non technical answers since I own one of each.

The Pro-X suspension is beefier and much stiffer front and rear. Edge is much more "plush" (I have the fox clicker rear on the Edge X). The Pro-X chassis I believe is slightly smaller. The two machines feel very different. I used to like the ride of the Pro-X better. I did a 136" kit on the Edge and now like it's ride better. My Pro-X is apart to go 144" so we'll see after that. I am also doing the suspension relocation mod on the Pro-X which should help it's nothing and then stiff as crap rear skid. That outta help too.

The Pro-X is much better when running at a good clip on destroyed trails. :)

Scott

·
Registered
259 Posts
pretty much damn near everything is different:

Much beefier suspension and different geometry, pro-x has risers, shorter "wheelbase", completely different chassis, clicker shocks, team roller secondary clutch in the pro-x vs button in the edge, different gearing and stock clutching, much more chassis supports and braces, bigger shock towers... You get my point.

These sleds are absolutely NOTHING alike. the only thing they really have in common is the hood and engines (Although the pro-x has a few less h.p because of a dent in the pipe to clear the shock tower). The normal person thinks the pro x and edge chassis are the same because they look alike when in reality, thats clearly not the case. The edge is a trail sled while the pro-x is a ditch banging, rough trail/racing sled that is designed to take a beating.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
" the pro-x is a ditch banging, rough trail/racing sled that is designed to take a beating."

I should have bought a pro x!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
" the pro-x is a ditch banging, rough trail/racing sled that is designed to take a beating."

I should have bought a pro x![/b]
Yea, looking at your sig. you have the m10 susp. That is not the best rough trail ditch banging set up for the edge. You would be better of with the edge susp. The m 10 however is very good on groomed to slight rough trail. Not ideal for jumping and banging.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Same as "Scoot D" I own both and love my Pro X alittle more. My Edge X is M-10 equiped, but for mogul bashing and handling, the Pro X takes the prize.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts