Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking for some advise. im getting ready to install an slp pipe and can on my X2 700 and was wondering what the best clutch set up is. slp obviously wants you to use their weights with thier pipe. i was wondering if anyone has had better results with a different combination than slp's and got better results. Im very interested in heal clickers dual pivot weights. does anyone here use them? what secondary set up should i use? any input would be appreciated. thanks. by the way, the snow here sucks this year :p anyone here got any pics of what good snow looks like. its almost depressing.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
forget SLP's jetting and clutching there out to lunch big time ! 430 main jet is the largest you need for a single pipe on a 700 (good to about -10F) .but check it as it start to get colder !

clutching
140-320 polaris spring , 10-66
black 155-222 spring (3 derolin washer)
420719 helix

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forget SLP's jetting and clutching there out to lunch big time ! 430 main jet is the largest you need for a single pipe on a 700 (good to about -10F) .but check it as it start to get colder !

clutching
140-320 polaris spring , 10-66
black 155-222 spring (3 derolin washer)
420719 helix[/b]

ive got 430's in it now, if thats one lower than stock. the det sensor almost idiot proofs it. ive ran it hard in -40 and when it gets too lean it just detunes alittle until it cools down. pretty slick. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
833 Posts
ive got 430's in it now, if thats one lower than stock. the det sensor almost idiot proofs it. ive ran it hard in -40 and when it gets too lean it just detunes alittle until it cools down. pretty slick. thanks for the info.[/b]
Be careful, It can still burn down in a heartbeat at that temp. DET or not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful, It can still burn down in a heartbeat at that temp. DET or not.[/b]

im not totally disagreeing with you but this engine really amazes me. no matter how long i hold it wide open, it just doesnt blow. im almost trying to see if it will go. ive ran it wide open in -40 with 430's in a poker derby on the red river for about 5 miles at a time and it just takes it. the det sensor flashes and i drop about 10 mph and then off i go again, and i havnt let go of the throttle. thats the only time the bigger sleds can get away from me in the corners. its got about 3000 miles on it and probably 80% of those are wot. even my buddies are impressed. that engine gives me great confidence. is it just fluke or is that common for these engines? i just hope its still as strong with a new pipe and some mild mods.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
im not totally disagreeing with you but this engine really amazes me. no matter how long i hold it wide open, it just doesnt blow. im almost trying to see if it will go. ive ran it wide open in -40 with 430's in a poker derby on the red river for about 5 miles at a time and it just takes it. the det sensor flashes and i drop about 10 mph and then off i go again, and i havnt let go of the throttle. thats the only time the bigger sleds can get away from me in the corners. its got about 3000 miles on it and probably 80% of those are wot. even my buddies are impressed. that engine gives me great confidence. is it just fluke or is that common for these engines? i just hope its still as strong with a new pipe and some mild mods.[/b]
Stock maybe, but with the mods you're going to want to put more fuel to it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock maybe, but with the mods you're going to want to put more fuel to it.[/b]

more fuel :( , it sucks enough already. its $1.15/litre for prem. oh well, you gotta pay to play. i quess you know what im talking about with that 800

1 - 7 of 7 Posts