Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what is faster in the tight woods riding and ditch banging. I know guys that have 440 sno-pros that can walk on guys with 700 and 600 zrs in the woods. Just wondering so i can pick out a new 04.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It comes down to who's on what ,and who's got the biggest set of ;) Setup being equal-its all about the driver

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I agree! But with a smaller displacement, lower HP sled, you can keep the throttle to the bars easier without having to worry about 'accidentally' over driving the terrain, because most smaller displacement sleds will not have the top end a 700 will have.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Let me answer it this way. Compare the woods to a sno-x track. Then ask yourself a question. What's quicker a 440 stock sled or the 800 mod?? I think the mod is quicker everytime. From bottom to top. Therefore, the F7 is definitely quicker in the woods. However, if you make a mistake the F7 will also put you in the trees quicker. :p :p

That being said, I do have a 02 sno pro and it is very quick on low end. Probably as quick as the STOCK F7. That may be as fast through the woods. Properly geared and clutched of course.

Cat S.

·
Registered
962 Posts
ITS ALL THE RIDER.

I kept up to way larger sleds with my old 97 ZR 580.

They Didn`t have to ride as hard and put the thought into it but its the rider not the sled.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Now whats more fun? I have an F7 and drive very agressively but still in the tight twisty trails of Muskoka You rarely wind out the motor. I'm wondering if the F5 would have a higher fun factor?

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Definatley the rider is a huge factor. On the real twisty stuff you dont need the xtra horse power. If I could race myself with my zr 800 and a lets say a zr 500 in the real tight stuff, I know that I would beat myself using the 500. Jim

S

·
0 Posts
I look at it this way, Small rider, small sled, it all comes down to what you can comfortably ride. I'm a small guy so I don't have to fight that big power on My F5. I seem to get them big sleds on the long run, shortly after thier forearms are all pumped up. The F7 is faster but you can only go so fast in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think theres also a speed in which it is alomost impossible for anyone to make it around corners, mabe everyone can keep up with each other, but there is a time when it seems liek its just about as fast as anyone could go... you can feel it (the holy sh*t if i was goin any faster i woulda been right over that 4 inch berm(joke) into that tree)

as long as you set up the sled, lotta ski pressure will keep you corning, and the stiff rear(and front) will make you less vulnerable to the all mighty 3 foot mogels before each turn

i would go with an f6 or f7 standard efi... then later on get better shocks than those remote resivoir that you pay an extra 500 for on the snowpro...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts