Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and looked at it, its super clean..only 3700 km's, has v force reeds, clutch work, studs (144) just wondering if 4500 canadian is a good deal???
Here is a picture...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Looks to be real clean. Price seems ok,but it looks to be in very good condition. Approximately $3750 in the U.S. And around 2300 miles. I would go for it! :div20:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
i've got the same 02 600 with 4500 miles on it so far. it's been almost as reliable as my 02 800 with the occational overheating issues on the 6. i'm running a 1.375 lug height track with 96 studs down the center in both sleds. my girlfriend loves her 600. I changed the overflow bottle and added a longer snow flap and it still happens every now and then. sounds like a good deal. how beat is it? when were the shocks last rebuilt?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
i paid $3,600 us (minus track, i wanted to put my ripsaw on it) for an 03 700 with 1,900 miles on it this spring if that helps.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for giving me your views..
The sled was ridden, but was really taken care of, he is going to redo the rear shock before I pick it up, I usually try to keep my sleds mint, but this one is just rediculous...The track is still in great shape...and none of the studs are bent, I heard that they had a problem with the coolent bottles, and I forgot to look in to that, Ill have to ask him about that.
He has done some neat stuff to ot like putting the polaris on the pipe. I think If I get it, Ill send it out to Engine-tech and get some stuff done to the motor, but who knows.
I think I may be switching to Polaris...whodathunkit.

Oh also need to get riser...anyone have a 6" riser for sale? And how much can you pick up an xr stubby seat for? are there any used ones out there?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Aug 27 2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks for giving me your views..
The sled was ridden, but was really taken care of, he is going to redo the shocks before I pick it up, I usually try to keep my sleds mint, but this one is just rediculous...The track is still in great shape...and none of the studs are bent, I heard that they had a problem with the coolent bottles, and I forgot to look in to that, Ill have to ask him about that.
He has done some neat stuff to ot like putting the polaris on the pipe. I think If I get it, Ill send it out to Engine-tech and get some stuff done to the motor, but who knows.
I think I may be switching to Polaris...whodathunkit.
Oh also need to get riser...anyone have a 6" riser for sale?  And how much can you pick up an xr stubby seat for? are there any used ones out there?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849734
[/quote]
Never heard anything about the coolant bottle. The shorty seats are out there once in a while. Check over on snowest there are usually some over there. One was just on ebay that sold for $300. :div20:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe Im wrong, I heard that there was a problem with the lid on the bottle not holding pressure and causeing over heating... oh well, the only thing Im not liking about the sled is the low seat, but If I get a high riser that I can just stand (im from a dirtbike background anyways) then it wont be sooo bad..
Who knows

Oh and I wanted to see if 4500 candain was a good deal, but Im actually getting it for $4000 canadian...I dont know why but I always look at resale...thats why Im not brand happy, if a good deal comes up, Im all over it..
Thanks all

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by Henn1357@Aug 27 2005, 11:37 AM
maybe Im wrong, I heard that there was a problem with the lid on the bottle not holding pressure and causeing over heating... oh well, the only thing Im not liking about the sled is the low seat, but If I get a high riser that I can just stand (im from a dirtbike background anyways) then it wont be sooo bad..
Who knows

Oh and I wanted to see if 4500 candain was a good deal, but Im actually getting it for $4000 canadian...I dont know why but I always look at resale...thats why Im not brand happy, if a good deal comes up, Im all over it..
Thanks all
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849765
[/quote]
Maybe there was a problem with them. I haven't had any problems with my 03. That price is even better. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, Im actually excited to get on this thing....I was never a polaris man, but I could be...now I want the winter to come even more then before, I think the only stuff I want to do is, higher risers, a seat if I can find one cheep enough, probably have Art at Enginetech, do minor porting, and thats it, I think i'll like it more then my 01 MXZX, from what Ive been told so far..

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
Looks like a really nice sled. For that price that you would get it for, I would get it if I had the money to. I like those Pro-X grahpics the best out of all of them. IMO

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
your correct about the 02 coolant bottles, the caps were easily stripped out causing a loss of pressure in the system. i had an 02600xc that had the same problem. the bottle in the pictures looks like the new style though. good price on a clean sled. best of luck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
you'll love the sled if it's in good shape.i've got an 02 600(now the wife's) and a 03 800 prox.no problems on the 600 overheating(2300 miles last season).you will need to clutch and jet the 600(if it's not done).my 600 will run ski to ski with my buddies untouched(stock) 03 xc800.
enjoy!
p.s. if you're not going to buy it for $4k can. let me know i'll go and get it!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya man, Im picking it up on Monday...like I said it has clutching done, I want to do minor porting and head work and then Ill stick it back on the dyno and tune it, I think I will be very happy with it for that price, I wish a picture could capture how clean it actually is...cause it is mint!!!!!
thanks for the input guys!
Steve

Originally posted by part-time@Aug 27 2005, 02:30 PM
you'll love the sled if it's in good shape.i've got an 02 600(now the wife's) and a 03 800 prox.no problems on the 600 overheating(2300 miles last season).you will need to clutch and jet the 600(if it's not done).my 600 will run ski to ski with my buddies untouched(stock) 03 xc800.
enjoy!
p.s. if you're not going to buy it for $4k can. let me know i'll go and get it!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849888
[/quote]

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Congrats on the new sled. You'll have to post some pics in the "pro x pics" thread when you get it home. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Ill pick it up on Monday.(tommorow) and then I'll post some pix, and ill et you know what mods Im going to do...

·
Registered
666 Posts
henn ...i hope you enjoy taking that sled from mark...now i have lost someone to ride with this year. he really takes care of all of his stuff, truck,sleds, atvs...etc.

he is a very fussy fellow when it comes to that stuff.

if i was you i would leave that machine alone...the clutching is spot on, the motor is really responsive. and it handles really well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya thats what he said too, but part of the reason I like toys is so I can screw around with them out in the garage, its nice to have "garage time" with a few beers and buddies.
He is friend of a friend, he works in the same plaza as my buddy Adam, they have ridden together a few times...I think everyone in that plaza is anal about there toys because Adam is the same way. He works at the detailing shop (tint)
I went up to look at the sled the other day, he has a great spot there, and a super nice guy, those kids are lucky, he says he wants to get something a little more family oriented so I am more then happy to take it off his hands..
Who knows, maybe we'll ride together in the winter...its coming!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
family oriented?? i can't see him jumping a grand touring 2uper!!

i must stop the insanity!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts