Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the topic says, whats everyone gona buy for next season or what upgrades are you looking into. with all this warm weather is anyone considering seeling the sled and buying a quad. IM not sure what i wana do if i wana mod my xc or buy a rev 440?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I got a quad, i rarly use it in the winter only in spring or early early winter, got a dirt bike that i use most of the time in the summer. For next winter i think iam gona pick up a trail converted pro xr or another rev but a 440. Gonna keep the gade too. But who knows i might get sick of using my parents veichles and sell some stuff to get a truck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey one day of warm weather kills a large amount of snow that we are short of as it is, and even with it being minus 2 and 3 we are still falling behind in our ice conditions. hopefully it will drop to the minus 30s for a week to get the lakes froze good, after that a big drop of snow, but thats just a dream lol. I was talking to a friend tonight and he gave me the idea of getting a pro xr roller and putting my xc 800 engine in it, whats your opinion on that?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Sell your sled and spend about 500 and pick up a prox 700 or 800.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
If I keep my F7 it's going back to 144x1.5 or 1.7, snopro shocks, performance mods, probly the Bikeman performer kit (160 HP). If I sell it I want a Crossfire s/p 7 or 8 if I can afford it and extend it to 144.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im stuck in the middle of jumping and rough trail. ive got an edge 800 right now and its just not tough enough, i like to jump a bit but nothing massive yet so i dono if im better off with putting my engine into a race chassis or puttin race parts onto my chassis. anyone got any input?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Buy a prox, cant compare to a xcsp once it gets rough, a consumer prox is basicly the same chasie as a 02 race sled and they got a sweet set of shock for a consumer sled. Cant break them i highly recomend a prox!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
delgaty howcome u went with such a long track for living out here, do you ride in the mountains or just felt like it?

·
Registered
757 Posts
pro x2 is basicly the top of the line for the x`s, Walker evans shocks on it.
Keep an eye out for a pro xr 800. Thats the cream of the crop.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Prox2 is a great sled too. All prox's are good sleds get on the prox fourm here and serch it up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Want to add NOS and EGTs and 136skid on my Mach1 and also thinking about a rev as the Mach is a handfull to jump.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
delgaty howcome u went with such a long track for living out here, do you ride in the mountains or just felt like it?[/b]
I bought it basically because I wanted something different, custom, and badass. Kind of a stupid reason to buy a sled but I am glad I bought it. The previous owner did an amazing job with the setback to fit the 151, and added alot of aftermarket parts that really make it a good all-around sled (read my sig). It is a 151 but the length of track on the ground is the same as a 144. I thought it would be terrible for handling but because it sits so far pitched forward there is alot of ski pressure and it handles better than my ZR did. Basically the only thing I have to do to make tight corners at high speeds is not be on the gas, otherwise it handles great. I will be making it more Manitoba friendly if I keep it, go to 144, put closer to stock gearing in, etc. The thing I like about it too is it's loud, aggressive looking and tears the crap out of everything I go through. It's a sled that would make an old lady faint, lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol nice, i know whaat you mean about wnating something of your own, i think it would be sweet to have a sled like no other, the will hopefully be coming to me next year.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i was going to buy a sled but now i think im gonna get a vw r32 and race around with that[/b]
those are really nice. it was on my list of cars to consider this summer till i finaly settled on a differant kind of R32. what kind of HP does the vw r32 make anyway? i dont really know much about them. whats it got for an engine?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
geee lots of views but only a few replies, common guys ppl gota have plans for next season????

1 - 20 of 35 Posts