Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what all the HCS members are doing tonite as we have no snow to ride. Last two Fridays for me were riding and enjoying the trails. Tonite, sitting in front of the laptop and drinking a few pints and keeping an eye on the kids.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm hangin in the garage having some beers and fixing a ski loop, speedo key and lubing up the sled while hanging with a couple friends. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Heh Flyinhi did you ever get you're seat jack from Royal? If you did how does it work out for the kids[/b]

The seat was on back order but they just phoned me last night and told me it was in. Gonna pick it up tomorrow and try it out when we get some snow.

I will put the kids on it tomorrow in the garage. I should get a good idea of how well it should hold up. I will let you know snowbear :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a seat jack for about 6 years now, it works great, just have to crank up the suspention if you're carrying some weight....Right now I'm sitting at home in Mississauga instead of going to the cottage in Muskoka. My place is on an island and because of the rain the lake isn't safe. I'm stressed out because the power has been out since Wednesday and I have a hot tub and water system that could be in trouble. It hasn't been that cold so I should be ok I need it to get cold for the lake to be safe yet if it gets cold before the power comes back on I'm screwed. Quite the delema. Well I guess I'll just have a few more brown pops and hope the power comes on soon....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Howdy everyone!

I'm just kickin around watching the Princess Bride with my kids.

Too funny you talking about Seat Jacks - I just sold one on eBay, the brackets didn't fit my MXZ 800 and I decided against it - I'm just going with a backrest now. I have a backrest on my Firecat, that works well. I rigged some cotter pins instead of the bolts for quick on and off removal of the backrest. Seems to work. Later I'll go put on my new orange windshield for the firecat and give it a good cleaning. Then I have to get a new trail sticker cause once I put on the orange windshield I don't have a trail pass anymore! Only $10 so no biggie.

Then... the SNOWDANCE :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Got the kids watchin george of the jungle. In the garage lookin at my sled, havin a pint, and planning my sled trip for FEb 6, 7, 8. Got 940km so far this year.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
At work ... woo-hoo :rolleyes:. Couldn't sled if I wanted to this weekend. But at least I got my F7's melt-down taken care of quickly! ~$375 later ... a lot cheaper than it could have been ... and due to the weather, I never missed out on any riding :thumbsup:.

As of 7am on Sunday morning, I'll be itching for some snow! :)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I guess were all in the same situation with lots to do but no time to do it. lol I"m just lurking for the most part and let the finger type once in awhile. We"re getting up about 6am and heading up to the forest for a look-see what"s up. I got a phone call earlier from a buddy that"s up there and the covers are off our sleds and I hope that"s all that"s off them and it was only the wind. We were going up for the day to pick up the other half"s sled and take it in for service anyways. Their site says trails are fair to good and the groomers are out but certain areas are off limit due to flooding and the base has firmed up again due to the drop in temps. It should"nt be to long before winter kicks it up a notch and it starts snowing like crazy.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I can picture it now! Stop worrying about your damn sled and all your sledding buddies blah blah blah. Get your ass in out of the garage and get me a beer and while your at it cook me a roast! Hey Steve-0-! Is it like that? :yelrotflmao: :beer_cheers: :blahblah1: :smoke:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ah, just taking it easy and thinking were I want to head for the next trip and when. Building and small heated shop inside my garage....keeping my busy until we get snow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can picture it now! Stop worrying about your damn sled and all your sledding buddies blah blah blah. Get your ass in out of the garage and get me a beer and while your at it cook me a roast! Hey Steve-0-! Is it like that? :yelrotflmao: :beer_cheers: :blahblah1: :smoke:[/b]
Its more like, I told you so - you wasted all our money on a stupid sled that you can even ride, we could have paid debt off but no you had to have it your way, didn't you! So I put my headphones on and just reply with a yes to everything she say's. I even told her that I gave her what she wanted ( a baby) so why can't I get what I want. LOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Went to a Milton Ice Hawks Jnr A game with the kids. 2-2 tie, overtime and a shootout which Milton won! Can't beat that!! And, the ref gave the puck to my son.

It's all building up credits for whent the snow returns.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hey steve-o, just wondering what happened with your sled and how you made out with the problems[/b]
Sled run's prefect, it's just the speedo that's [email protected], still jump's from Km's to Miles and back to Km's, it registers different readings and so on. No one can seem to find the problem and that is pissing me off. Apparently there's a guy in the Autotrader that is having the same issue, his sled is reading 50,000 miles when he only has 5600, I have only 1800 km's on it but reading 9694 km. I called the guy that I bought it from and he gave me back $1000 for the troubles. He told me that he was having the same issues before he sold it and took it into Quines Marina were he bought it , they couldn't find a problem either. Now I have it up for sale and I don't know what to tell people. I don't want to get nailed for fraud by telling people that it only has 1800 km when the speedo show's more. I'm in a sticky situation. I honestly know it only has 1800 km just by the way the track looks and what the speedo read at time of purchase, original Ski Doo track and still has 1.25 " left on it. The guy that I bought it from rode the thing for 1 season and parked it. It was sitting in his garage for 2 years, last service done on it was in Dec 05, so I don't know what to do.

Speedo changed - Relay changed- BUDS test done - Stator checked - fuses checked ............ nothing seems to fix it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sled run's prefect, it's just the speedo that's [email protected], still jump's from Km's to Miles and back to Km's, it registers different readings and so on. No one can seem to find the problem and that is pissing me off. Apparently there's a guy in the Autotrader that is having the same issue, his sled is reading 50,000 miles when he only has 5600, I have only 1800 km's on it but reading 9694 km. I called the guy that I bought it from and he gave me back $1000 for the troubles. He told me that he was having the same issues before he sold it and took it into Quines Marina were he bought it , they couldn't find a problem either. Now I have it up for sale and I don't know what to tell people. I don't want to get nailed for fraud by telling people that it only has 1800 km when the speedo show's more. I'm in a sticky situation. I honestly know it only has 1800 km just by the way the track looks and what the speedo read at time of purchase, original Ski Doo track and still has 1.25 " left on it. The guy that I bought it from rode the thing for 1 season and parked it. It was sitting in his garage for 2 years, last service done on it was in Dec 05, so I don't know what to do.

Speedo changed - Relay changed- BUDS test done - Stator checked - fuses checked ............ nothing seems to fix it[/b]
i have exact same issues with a sled i bought brand new just ride the damn thing and dont worry about it it is a very common problem trust me . iv'e read the 2 or 300 threads on this subject over at doo- talk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts