Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the shocks on my zr500cc so I can get them rebuilt. Whats the easiest way to drop the suspension and get them out? I'm also replacing the adjuster cams and putting in stiffer springs while I'm at it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
this is easy remove both the front and rear suspension bolts from the tunnel this will drop down the track and all. loosen track and pull out suspension. now do you have a cross country or 500cc because your dealer will need the adjustment knob to do the rebuild it has a quick coupler down by driven pulley watch the hose routing once you get the suspension out just remove the idler wheels and axles you need to nothing more keep track where everything goes when you put the undercarriage back in the front bolts go in first
the cams are not hard if you dont have a t-bar there hard just remove the lower slider block where the long leg goes in be careful its under tension be sure to mark where the upper pivot arm is on the shaft

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I already talked to the shop that's rebuilding my shocks and they told me to bring in the adjuster knob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts