Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
But it doesn't tell you what the fix is. It just says there is a fix for it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
How do you get your hands in there to rotate the dang thing? Man it is a small area. What do you mean by rotate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is old news... I reported the fix was to rotate the coil 180 degrees before we switched servers. You cut the tie straps that hold the coil and then install new ones.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Rob.. is that all the Cat dealers are doing too? Makes sense since from the people who listened to you, it seems to work.

·
Administrator
20,853 Posts
Take your exhaust pipe off just to give you some more room to work with. Cut the existing zip-ties, flip the coil over (Rob mentions rotating it 180 degrees ... same thing - just know you're actually flipping it over, not "spinning" it 180 degrees). Then just zip-tie it back up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just got the bulletin in at my dealership, this is what you have to do.

1. Remove expansion chamber.
2. Cut two cable ties securing coil to chassis
3. Remove spark plug caps from plugs, remove PTO side spark plug cap from the high tension lead wire.
4. Disconnect orange and black wires that connect coil to CDI unit.
5. Remove coil assm., then rotate coil 180 degree with high tension leads facing downward.
6. Route the high tension leads in front of the coolant hose so they are located between the coolan those and engine. (says to make sure PTO side high tension lead is routed in front of steering post).
7. Position coil in teh chassis mounting location and re zip tied.
8. Connect black and orange wires.
9. Install PTO side plug cap onto high tension leads and finish re assembly.

Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by dancat1@Dec 23 2002, 03:33 PM
5. Remove coil assm., then rotate coil 180 degree with high tension leads facing downward.
Now hold it... you mean to tell me, that after ALL that discussion about rotating the coil, that now the proper (Cat's) way to do it, IS to INDEED ROTATE IT/FLIP IT 180 degrees, so that the plug wires (high tension leads) are facing DOWN instead of up?? Am I reading/understanding this correctly??? OMG... so when I "incorrectly" flipped mine so the plug wires were facing down, it was actually the best way to do it?! 'Course I've since re-rotated it so the plug wires are now up, so now I have to un-re-rotate it! LOL!!! If all goes well I should have this [email protected]#$%^&* gauge/coil issue all fixed by the time the snow finally does come... which is SOON I hope!!! -- Roy

P.S. Guys that have shortened their plug wires, may very well have a problem with the wires reaching the plugs with this rotated/flipped coil "fix."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you may have had this figured out before them. That is exactly how the instructions from Arctic Cat list the repairs. In the same bulletin they are also replacing the rail end cap screws and the front suspension mounting bolts.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Uhhhhhhh..... :unsure: Do you suppose cat will pay for a new coil since I trimmed my PTO plug wire? There is NO WAY it is going to reach if the wires coming out of the coil are to point down.... :eek: :huh: :wacko: :( :blink: :unsure:
-John

·
Registered
369 Posts
OOOPPPPPSSSSS!!!!!!Better watch what you are trimming off....never know what might need to be flipped next :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Big Fire Chief,

I cut it because the length was to long. It was routed from the factory behind the steering post(rubbed) and if you moved it in front of the steering post, it would still rub due to the excessive length......
-John

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was wondering if anybody knows if the interference with the coil could effect anything other than the tach such as performance or lighting? i would think so!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah, maybe the sled will be even FASTER without the coil interference... or, God forbid... slower???!!! -- Roy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts