Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at going up to western U.P. sometime since i've never been out that way. any good places with trail access. doesn't have to be the fanciest place either. thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Walleye Lodge in Bergland is convenient and reasonable. A little dated but decent place. Dee and Smitty (the owners) are great people. They are right on the lake and right down from the Hoop N' Holler. Can go north to the Keewenaw or west into Wisconsin. Not far from Lake In The Clouds also. www.walleyelodge.com

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Joe,
My brother-in-law ownes the Great Northern in Mercer WI. Stay there and ride up. 20 miles from the state line. Its a pretty decent place and very snowmobile friendly. Decent prices and the north and south trail runs right thru the lot. Has a sweet pool room and a hot tub on each end of the place. Has a bar/lounge and a great room with a bigscreen TV (you gotta see the great room! WOW!)
My step son works in the kitchen and Tends bar once in awhile. Tell him that Rob (Indyhead) said HI His name is Eric and if he's cooking you gotta order the "EBO" burger (Thats good eatin right there)
The Motel ph# is 1 715 476-2440
Fun place to stay :div20:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to put my vote in for "The Fisherman" right on Lake Gogebic. Nice folks and new owners. Extremely snowmobile friendly. Restaurant, fuel, bar, cabins on site.... Prices are pretty decent....[/b]

is The Fisherman the place in Marenisco off of M64?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I've always enjoyed staying at the Sunset Motel in Watersmeet. Maurice and Betty Tate are the owners. Great people, nice clean rooms and right across the street from the trail. The corner of Hwy 2 and 45 in Watersmeet. We ride from there down to Eagle River or Hurley WI or you can go NW up to Lake of the Clouds, Gogebic, Copper Harbor etc. or E to Iron Mountain. All the following locations can be ridden to and back in a day from Watersmeet.

http://www.sunsetmotelinn.com/

The Tates son, Steve, flew F-15's in the Gulf War and was credited with an Iraqi aerial victory. :div20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.