Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the f6 was in the lineup in the spring would you have bought that instead of an f7 or would you have stayed with it and the f5 people would you have stayed with that or went with the f6 personally i would have to stay with the f7 just because of the hp it is 22 more and they are the same weight and alsmost the same cost and for that money the f6 would not have been worth it

·
Registered
629 Posts
F7 no doubt. Lets evaluate this:

F7 140 HP
F6 118 HP

F7 3.28-1 weight to HP Ratio
F6 3.89-1 Weight to HP Ratio

F7 460 LBS
F6 460 LBS

F7 EFI
F6 EFI

Price diffence?

Couldnt see by the F6 over the F7

·
Registered
962 Posts
Truthfully an F6 EFI.

I acctually was going to order the F5 but went for the EFI instead so I definatly wouldhave chose the F6.

I didn`t think I needed the power of a 700.

And to be really truthfull I was waiting for a 2003 ZR 600 EFI.
and when the firecats came out w/ o a 600 and they dropped the Zr 600 I was pissed. I liked the ZR style better then.

But now I`m all FIRECAT now.

I would love to ride an F6.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Definately the F7.....my second choice would be the ZR 900.....I wanted POWER....and thats what I got with my F7!

·
Registered
962 Posts
After reading the arcticals now I`m going to see if my dealer will trade even up. If not then o well I`m happy. If yes (Decisions Decisions). I hope he says no. Should I even ASK?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I respect everyone's opinions and feelings..first off, but why would anyone not pay the extra $200 to get an F7...as Earl McCreary so correctly pointed out...there is no contest...and if you don't need the power of the F7...don't use it...it's that simple...but it will come in handy some day. :D

As I said in another post, and F7 ditch jumper keeps echoing...this was a waste of R&D...give us an F8 or F9 with more HP than the ZR 900 and they can get rid of the ZRs...and have a line up that runs with 400-600s, 700-800s, and all the Top Guns...Arctic Cat would have the performance market cornered. The F6 is only good for the insurance companies that don't write policies for anything over 600ccs imho.

·
Registered
827 Posts
a 7 all the way

·
Registered
80 Posts
F-7. I bought an 02 ZR 600 EFI but wanted the ZR 800 EFI. Dealer didnt have any at the time so I did what I had to. Then when I heard of the F-7 with a claimed horsepower equal to the ZR 800 but weight less.....it was the logical choice. I liked the ZR 600. I am sure I would like the F-6. But I like the extra power. Might ditch that ZR and get the F-6 though.....or should I wait for an F-8 or F-9?

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: Not that I'd want one but just think about a say 500 c.c. fan cooled motor in the firecat chassis. Damn, a stiff breeze would blow it away !! Can you say 380 pounds of trail terror and no cooling system bubbles ! :ph34r:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got the f5 would have gotten f7 if it was carb. No problems with my 5 so far (other than it is really rich will be jetting down some) ie. smart valves lean spot etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts