Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pros and cons of each and which would you prefer?

I have a friend that is looking to buy and he wants a Cat. I'm thinking he would be looking at a standard and not a sno pro. He is not very experienced and wants something to play on the lakes with and occasionally do a trip with the boys. You that once he starts riding with us he will be hooked and will be riding every chance he gets.

I know the x-fire is 136" and will float better, but I have heard that it is also an excellent trail sled.

Is the x-fire more rider forward than the f-series?

Which handles the bumps better?

How fast is the x-fire 7 compared to the F6 and F8?

Any input would be great, and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
What are the pros and cons of each and which would you prefer?

I have a friend that is looking to buy and he wants a Cat. I'm thinking he would be looking at a standard and not a sno pro. He is not very experienced and wants something to play on the lakes with and occasionally do a trip with the boys. You that once he starts riding with us he will be hooked and will be riding every chance he gets.

I know the x-fire is 136" and will float better, but I have heard that it is also an excellent trail sled.

Is the x-fire more rider forward than the f-series?

Which handles the bumps better?

How fast is the x-fire 7 compared to the F6 and F8?

Any input would be great, and thanks in advance![/b]
I have had them both and loved them both.

On the trail, the F series wins hands down, off the trail it is the opposite!

F-Series: Best ride on the snow and handling is better then the X-fire on the trail and little bit better riding position aka more rider forward, easiest steering sled on the snow. In the powder it isn't as easy to throw around and play with as the X-fire but it still manages to do everything you need it to. Just an awesome package.

X-Fire: Good ride, good handling ( just not as good as the F series) it is rider forward but not quite as much as the F series. Off trail performance is awesome and far exceeds the F series here. It is lighter feeling and easier to throw around then the F series even though it is a 136" track. It performs nicely on the trails, just not in the same league as the F series here!

You really can't go wrong with either package. The 700 engine is on par with the new 800, some claim it's better some say worse, but the HP #'s are comparable. The 600 isn't bad in either chassis, I had them both. It isn't the rocket 600 it was in the Firecat chassis but it isn't any slouch. The 600 will be down on power by quite a bit compared to the 700 or 800.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I say X-fire would be the better all around sled that your friend will be able to take anywhere. If your friend is not that experianced, I suggest he starts off with a lessor power sled maybe a 600 or 500, the 700 or 800 may just be too much for him to handle with his experiance but he has to make that decision.

My X-fire 700 will stay right with my friends F8 Tony Stewart edition on the ice and off the trail off the ice he is no match.

Both good choises....tell him to test ride the sleds he is looking at and let him decide what rider position he like best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts