Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in an engineering class in high school and we have to come up with an idea to design, test and actually build. So I am looking to you guys for help...

What do you really hate? What do you wish was changed or different? Any ideas for a new product or improvements on somthing that already exists?

I want it to be snowmobiling related. It does not have to be for a Firecat, an arctic cat...anything...any snowmobile or snowmobiling related.

Thanks for you help...looking forward to your sugestions.

PS...nothing like engine mods ect...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GPS seems to be the best idea so far...even though some of the other were funny :lol: . Anyways...if I do decide to go with this...I will look for some feedback from you guys. Thanks

Any more?

·
Registered
191 Posts
2 up sled (F7 touring) :wub: with 2 backrests, 1 for the driver and 1 for the passenger, the passenger would have the heated hand warmers mounted on the back of the drivers backrest, this would be much more comfortable and natural for the passenger. have the passenger seat removable so that you can turn your F7 touring into a mountain F7 :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yes, GPS maps updated with all the Trail Maps Available ANYWHERE!

I say hell yes!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Have you guys though of your exhaust and say.... Popcorn on the trail...or maybe a hotdog cooker.

Nothing like a hot dog that tastes like a 2 STROKER! ;)

Mikey likes it! B)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far I have a few ideas for the GPS...

What about a Speedometer that relies on GPS for the speed...this would be almost exactly accurate. It would only have speed and maybe a max speed recall. No maps or anything.

Then what about a GPS system intergrated into the handle bar pad or somthing like that? All of the functions of a normal GPS unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A IMO computer that works with a gps...IMO computer-motorcycle rally tool conbines speedo,tach, water temp,odometer,time,fuel usage,etc Touratech-usa.com.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That sounds like a cool project. My teachers dont do anything like that. I think it would be cool to have the GPS speedo witha datalogger like on drag cars. Then you could have instant feedback on clutching, gears, etc. I dont knw about the handle bar pad, you dont want to damage the expensive gps if you hit it on a rough trail. Also, I think an adjustable height windsheild would be cool. On cold and nasty days you dont have to freeze but it still looks good on normal days. How about an adjustable ride height- lowered for drag racing and high with more travel for bumpy trails. Good luck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
how about a quick change rear shock ,like a spare tire on a car... cann't tell you how many times I've had shock fade in the middle of a ride and would love to pull over and slap on a spare.. a bad shock just ruins the ride and trip..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another idea I had was an adjustable riser block. I know grip n rip racing has one. What about one where you don't need any tools to adjust (not that tools is a big deal). Just looking for ideas...keep 'em coming. I'll let you guys know what I decide to go with and keep you posted. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
First of all this is not for a sled, its for a performance car where a four stroke is apropriate. Solenoid operated intake and exhaust valves that are computer controlled acording to rpm throttle position and engine load anyone who has put a big cam in a good ol american v8 knows what kind of potental is there the posabilities are endless. they have ben testing them for a while but the problem is how much electricity they take to operate to overcome the spring but i say why not havew a two way solenoid with no spring?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
:D :D Ok i got the best one.

I want a pair of wheels that that pull down to lift the skis when i have to ride on the roads. There are so many times when i have to ride on the pavement escpecially near towns. Not only does it wear down your carbides but it would make it steerable and safer. The wheels could come down under mechanical means or the luxury edition could use servo motors, or hydraulics. The wheels would be mounted to a bracket. The bracket would attach to the bolts that hold the skis on so it would be an easy retro-fit. The wheels would have to raise up completely so it wouldn'n hinder performance.

Best of all this project would be dooable and cheap to make. It should only cost like 30 bucks for material. For the wheels i would look at roller blade wheels. You would need 2 per ski, and they are sold in packs of 4. GPS Engines are expensive, it will cost u 140 dollars for one and thats no BS. :huh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
anti-lock brakes that could be turned on and off. SOmetimes power slides are needed but those fast needed stops could be greatly assisted by anti-locks! -_-

1 - 20 of 36 Posts