Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one plan on making the trip?
i think we are going to head up sat and sunday.
i need to get some miles on my motor saturday, then hopefully race sunday.
anyone else plan on going?

is it plowable for the race sled guys?

hope its good, im guessing with the cold it should harden up the entrance to make getting on/off the lake better.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Any one plan on making the trip?
i think we are going to head up sat and sunday.
i need to get some miles on my motor saturday, then hopefully race sunday.
anyone else plan on going?

is it plowable for the race sled guys?

hope its good, im guessing with the cold it should harden up the entrance to make getting on/off the lake better.[/b]
i should be going sunday need to tune in carbs giving me a hard time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
How long do you guys run on Turkey? A few guys I met out west on a snowmobile trip were always talking about Turkey Pond.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long do you guys run on Turkey? A few guys I met out west on a snowmobile trip were always talking about Turkey Pond.[/b]
it depends. race sleds i think run 660, trail sleds messin around id say run a good 1/4 mile or more

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
dowe have anyone to plow the track for sunday? we should have a few sleds going.[/b]
unless the entrance onto the lake has froze up since sunday i doubt any truck will be going on and off the ice.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'll prob. ride down sat. or sun and run the pond for a while to brake in the new motor, only takes about 15 min to get there on a sled from my house :smiley-faces7:

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unless the entrance onto the lake has froze up since sunday i doubt any truck will be going on and off the ice.[/b]
Im going to go wit lou and see if we can get a bunch of wood pallets. we will get them bring them up there saturday put them in place then cover them with snow ect and ride over them to pack it down. we are going to head up saturday and see what we can do. so hopefully saturday afternoon some one can plow the lake, and sunday will be mint!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Im going to go wit lou and see if we can get a bunch of wood pallets. we will get them bring them up there saturday put them in place then cover them with snow ect and ride over them to pack it down. we are going to head up saturday and see what we can do. so hopefully saturday afternoon some one can plow the lake, and sunday will be mint![/b]
Take a ride down to otis resevoir. The track is all set and ready 2 go. Should be some good racing. Just look in the mass forum. 40ft wide and 2200ft long with a return lane.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Take a ride down to otis resevoir. The track is all set and ready 2 go. Should be some good racing. Just look in the mass forum. 40ft wide and 2200ft long with a return lane.[/b]
the only issue with otis for me is its over 2 hours away. i went last year, deffinetly good times, but for this weekend its just to far.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Take a ride down to otis resevoir. The track is all set and ready 2 go. Should be some good racing. Just look in the mass forum. 40ft wide and 2200ft long with a return lane.[/b]
How often do they go? Every weekend? I tried to go last year but couldnt find a spot to get on the reservoir. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go in the mass section and talk to otis rx1, he will fill you in. he is a super nice guy. just bring him a case of beer!

·
Registered
184 Posts
LOL no problem[/b]
Where do you guys park and access the pond?

What time do you get there and start playing?

Thinking about going over on Sunday and making a few runs.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we got a few nasty pallets so we will head over tommorow and try to set up a bridge to get on the lake. should be good tho

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
we got a few nasty pallets so we will head over tommorow and try to set up a bridge to get on the lake. should be good tho[/b]
have tomorrow. i'm stuck moving a friend or i would be there getting stuck with you guys.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
we got a few nasty pallets so we will head over tommorow and try to set up a bridge to get on the lake. should be good tho[/b]
I work in concord so if we need more pallets i can bring them Sat. Let me know call on cell phone. I have an F7 that I'm trying to get set up so I'll be there Sat afternoon and on Sunday.

Dieter
978-696-1128

1 - 20 of 49 Posts