Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 09 800r and want to know the problems especially since its at 3500 miles. IS the mileage to high?
And what problems do I need to look out for.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
BRP stands for Bring Rings & Pistons
I love my skidoos but 800r has issues read up on them if you must have a 09.

If you aren't scared away they are light and fun. Lots of parts availability used.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
How much riding do you do? If your a guy that doesn't put on a bunch of miles you should be good for a couple years, put on a few thou a year, definitely would consider a rebuild.
Riding buds had issues with bogey wheels and tweaked suspension parts more than engine issues. Look over the skid well.
The experience I've had with the 800R's were very good (never owned one, rode with a few often). I was always way more impressed with them than the etecs in the performance area, they were a blast to ride and had some good legs top side! Easier to work on/diagnose issues as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 120 sc5 transfered weight good those sleds would WHEELIE. Those skids would damage rails because the idler bearing mount would chatter if not tight.

When they were new/stock they rocked honestly.

If you suspect the previous owner was rough with it pass it up. If it's a veteran rider with all the factory accessories and a big windshield buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts