Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my sled to the dealer last weekend because my sled died on me. After checking the smart values and fuel pump every looked ok. He added more gas to the pre-mix and every thing seemed fine after that. He was running it every day to make sure it was good, when the track started to come apart. The original track on the machine was 1.375". I live in Ontario and 90% of the time I'm on groomed trail or railway beds. My dealer gave me the option of picking either track. He recommended the 1.000" track for where I mostly ride.

NEED YOUR HELP, WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO?????

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen the track, the dealer was running the sled on the stand and a lug or lugs came off the track. He just said the track was defective.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You'll get many different opinions on this.

I have a 1" with 144 studs on my sled and ride all in Ontario and Quebec.
My buddy bought an XC8 last year with a 1.25" track and didn't stud it. He said if he was doing it again, he would just get the 1". Not much need for the extra lug on our trail system, IMO -- if that's where you ride.

I've been on his and if I was doing it again, I'd stick with the 1" and studs.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think so too...If you're riding hard pack. When the Powder Specials came out, lots of guys bought them because of the pretty white hood, BUT they were locking up the track in half-ass snow. The 1" is a good track for trails. If you need more bite you can always add studs later.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 1" will be faster at top end but the 1.3 might get better hole shots on certain contditions. I went with regular version ( vs sno pro for this reason).
How often are you in fresh powder?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts