Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on dec 30th my buddy had a 04 green f7 snow pro sittn in front of another buddys house for sale. (Goodrich,mi)About 1230 am he heard the sled fire up. puzzled but knowing that sound he ran to window looked out to see the sled rippin down into the ditch in his front yard and back out and onto the highway(M-15 two lane paved highway with only bout a half to three quaters inch of snow on it!) that he lives on. Grabed his pistol (he's a cop) Ran down the stairs and out to his truck,just as he got to the truck he seen a small truck (s-10 or ranger?)go flyin buy with no lights on,buy the time he got his truck fired up and could see out the windows to drive all he had was tracks from the sled. and the snow was coverin them quick! not being able to get ahold of the owner at that time he called me. I live about a half hr away , so i (being the good friend I am ) threw on my clothes and flew out the door. We tracked the sled about 20 to 25 miles down backroads and through corn fields and down more paved streets. Long story short we found where the sled went to a house and someone got off and went in and came back out and left on it again. Police were called and helped us, The jerk that took the sled was joy ridin the sled for quite awhile,cause there were tracks everywrere around the neighborhood near the house.The thing is. Is we cant say for sure that the person lives at that house and the police have questioned the people at the house and still no sled. I thaught this would be an intersting blog and would get some fun and exciting responces!! What would YOU do? I know what alot of you are goin to say but lets be realistic. And give me some ideas!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Man that sucks, thats worse than not knowing what happened to the sled. I had one ripped off once and it is a horrible feeling coming out to go riding and your sled is gone. Never saw mine again. Keep track of the guy that you think stole it, chances are he is stupid and will trip himself up sooner or later. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
If it was me, when he got off the sled and went in, I'd MAKE SURE I was sitting on my sled with my pistol in hand wondering WTF he was doing with me sled.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
you know where this assholes friends live.
watch Payback, and see if they know how to play "this little piggy".
nuf said.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know where this assholes friends live.
watch Payback, and see if they know how to play "this little piggy".
nuf said.[/b]
Great call on the movie PAYBACK!!!!!! maybe i'll take the movie over to the house and leave it on the mailbox!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your profile says your from lower Michigan and you noted the sled was along M-15, where abouts are you guys?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sit near the house. Wait for them to have some people over and get some of your friends to help fallow the cars home. Find out where they live and maybe you will see something that is yours. That is what I would do. I would never stop till I found my sled. Make sure you watch the forums, ebay, and other classifieds. The guy will probably try to sell it. If he doesnt sell it he might change colors on the sled so he can keep it. Local bars, he will talk. If the guy is stupid enough to steal it you know he will be stupid enough to talk about it. If you have kids have them listen around school, because it sounds like someone who was drunk or some dumb ass kid. Also put up a large reward for good information or a return of the sled. You don't actually have to give out the reward because it might just be the guy who took it. IDK man, that's gotta suck. It will turn up somewhere though. Good luck. Invest in a throttle or track lock or maybe chain the sled to a tree.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If he's stupid enuf to keep the sled...he'll need to register it to be a legal rider. Report it to all the local Motor Vehicle offices with the VIN number.

I'd also send a note to all the local clubs. I guarantee they'll join you in your vengance to get this guy!

However, if the guy is a smart thief, he'll parts-it-out to keep his secret. Good luck man. That sucks that some loser needs to steal something you really enjoyed and worked hard for. Freak'in losers man, freak'in losers.......

T.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey fellas,
I had a '98 xc 700 sittin outside my grandfathers place for sale last week. I stopped there to clean the snow off of it and noticed my brand new seat cover ripped right down the side from somebody trying to steal it, I opened the hood and my PSI pipes and silencers were gone!!!. Some thing spooked them and they did'nt get the manifolds all the way off. We went riding on sat. and the loser rode right into Wally's bar with my pipes on his sled with homade headers. When I asked to lift his he kept asking why, why man? I saw they were mine, I wanted to kill him. But I got them back. I'm pressing charges today. For anyone who rides sacendaga lake in NY this thiefs name is Tom Shanahan. He rides a white '98 polaris w/out any graffics. Kick his ass because it's not the first time he stole sled parts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your profile says your from lower Michigan and you noted the sled was along M-15, where abouts are you guys?[/b]
Were from the clarkston,Waterford area. We also have been watching the home and now know were 3 different friends live. wish us luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Were from the clarkston,Waterford area. We also have been watching the home and now know were 3 different friends live. wish us luck.[/b]
Cummins97, Good for you, Im glad to hear you got some of your stuff back and caught the jerk.

1badf8- I live in Ortonville. I have had my stuff stolen and vandalized before. It sucks, I feel for you man. Keep me posted at to what happens.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Were from the clarkston,Waterford area. We also have been watching the home and now know were 3 different friends live. wish us luck.[/b]
I live in Waterford and keep sleds outside the house in a trailer. Any help I can lend, let me know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cummins97, Good for you, Im glad to hear you got some of your stuff back and caught the jerk.

1badf8- I live in Ortonville. I have had my stuff stolen and vandalized before. It sucks, I feel for you man. Keep me posted at to what happens.[/b]
You live in Ortonville, they rode the frickin sled down M-15, Can you beleive that? With just a half an inch of snow on it. If you could keep your eyes and ears open. They rode it to burton and we know where three of the **** live. and fortintaly for us we're self employed most of us any way, so we got nuttin better to do then watch this house,every once in awhile. We dont want the police involved anymore, it's our investigation now If you know what i mean. we got survaliance video on 3 of this jerks friends. and they got no clue!!! cant wait for pay back time. I'll keep you all informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts