Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i woke up early today no school sweet going riding so we rode for a while no problems just the usual back fire ever once in a while like normal ;) well it is normal with my sled atleast. So i come home cuz i had to work at 3 well i left my sled out and when i got home it wouldnt start. Ummm fouled plugs ??? changed plugs no luck headlights would glow but it just wasnt firing right. Checked compression oh it was all there. What else am i missing that could go wrong. Could it be my CDI box????? maybe it got wet and froze??? Please help me out Thanks ahead of time.

Jon

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your sled was backfiring it may be the throttle safe switch. You can pull the connector apart it is under the steering post 3 wire conector I think black ,brown and a nother color ? pull it apart {brake the connection} this will by pass the kill switch and throttle safty switch. Let us know

·
Registered
24 Posts
My F7 has also been doing this quite regularily. Try checking your plugs again. If they are wet with fuel you have fouled your plugs, change them all hold your throttle wide open and pull it. This is the only way to solve the overfueling problem on a EFI. If this isn't the problem, check spark, my guess it is not your spark. You will likely find that either your sled is iced up because you did not run isopropyl or your fuel pump has quit do to a possible air lock. I have had all of these problems and now run isopropyl in my fuel and have replaced two fuel pumps. Put isopropyl in your tank and let it sit for awhile, if it still doesn't start take it to the dealer and hook a battery up to the pump and see if it will resond. Next step - check voltage to the pump and replace pump if necessary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you check your fuel p/u line inside the gas tank? Get a coat hanger, fish out the line, there will be a big filter on the end of it. Look to see if it's collapsed, they collapse when they suck water. If it's collapsed, pinch off the clear fuel line slightly above the filter (use needle nose vise grips) next cut the filter off (you will see it start to expand) you will have to remove the hose clamp and get a new one or use a zip-tie to resecure the clamp. Stick it back in the tank and it should fire after a few pulls.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok checked for spark getting it on both sides. SO today i pulled the carms completely out and pulled the coolant line of from them didnt even know it was on there but i learn something new everyday. I brought them inside for a while and i kinda looked them over and well took them back out and put them on and about 4 pulls it fired and a couple more and it ran :wacko: im guessing maybe the floats were stuck but i still dont get how i was getting some fuel. oh well it runs now and i still am taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to get the rest of the updates done and to get the season checkup done. Thansk for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts