Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,just looking for performance improvements. I have a 04 F-7 efi with a 1.38 track. v-force 3 reeds,stiffer clucth springs,different helix,cant member the numbers on if off hand,had the computer reprogramed.studded track. stock can and mbrp can.and then the rest is all looks,so i need more power.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what kinda gains am im looking at from these mods,and what does each one do,dont know much bout the pac and boondocker box systems.and this is my first efi sled.so kinda learning the ropes on modding these things

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Check out my post on the trip to bikeman's dyno. We got about 3-5 HP from the timing key and about 5-8 HP from leaning it down.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Timing key is a pretty safe and proven improvement for a stock sled. A slight lean down (like to 41 psi) I would also consider safe for reasonable length runs without dyno tuning. D&D y-pipe should also show some improvment, without needing huge clutch changes or dyno-tuning. Not sure how any of these mods work, when riding upside down, though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha,oh they work,when you need all the power you can to rotate,they work. how much of a timing degree change,and does that mean i gotta run good fuel or what?
and to lean it down does that mean i need one of those pac or what? thanks for all the help. whats the difference between a stock y pipe and a D&D y pipe?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by $sLeDnEcKs$@Sep 2 2005, 11:56 AM
also would it be worth getting a D&D single pipe put on? what could i look to get outta that?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858470
[/quote]
If you are into short bursts of speed and acceleration out of the corners, the old D&D single gives good bottom end grunt and saves some weight - no huge performance improvement, though. The new D&D monster single will give significant performance gains, but will require complete re-clutching/tuning.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i hear it involves alotta tuning with twin pipes and messing with them alot. Plus its an efi machine so i guess ill have to get a box or something.I like the sounds of the twins but are they to much of a pain.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by hallnracing@Sep 2 2005, 07:45 AM
A slight lean down (like to 41 psi) I would also consider safe for reasonable length runs without dyno tuning.<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=858181
[/quote]
What do you consider reasonable? :dunno: :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Small jet engine. Boy do we need a let up in the heat.
The jet will work up side down..................................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts