Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some opinions on what is the best jacket / bibs for under $400 total? I like a longer jacket typically to keep wind/snow out and I like to be as free as possible to move within them.

Any suggestions? Normal trail riding - temps typically between -5 to 35 degrees.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This probebly won't help you, but just have to say I bought a new last years Arctic Cat jacket for $109 at haydays.
:div20:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thoughts are that I would like to pic up gore-tex coat and gore-tex bibs - I really don't care what brand - klim or reima - just want to be able to move more freely when i ride. The insulated coat and bibs that I use now are quite restrictive.

Do most of you guys layer instead of using insulated stuff? Does anyone have any good resources for klim or reima gear? I would like to spend <$400 total for jacket and bibs.

thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
you will need insulated for trail riding. klim isnt insulated much, its more for mountain riding. i would search for reima on ebay. i picked up a jacket and bibs for under $250.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Im gettin the snox suit from cat, and when it get's cold, pop on some extra underneath gear....plus for those really nippy days I have my old suit anyways...but I need soemething i can ride hard in and not sweat like a siv...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts