Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had hers doing 92 this past Sunday and she had to slow down because she was having a hard time hanging on. Make sure you hang on, your helmet is on tight, and don't look side ways. There is a lot of wind that comes over the low windshields so be prepared. We had a good first ride Sunday and put 137 miles on our machines. 107 mph was the best I could do. From 0 to 95 you are there in no time, but after that it takes a little more time to wind it up. Great Machines and no problems! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
622 Posts
In Minnesota, we have a 50 mph speed limit so I would never go that fast... What I can say though, is that on a fire road "a friend of mine" had his F7 going 104 and let off for a corner. That guy is a big trouble maker and rule breaker..

GEEZ I make me laugh...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 mph speed limit????????????? That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! You should of saved yourself some money and bought a Kitty Cat. What fun is it when you can only use half the throttle? Come to Maine and let it rip! :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
95 MPHs, but not much snow. When the real snow hits the good trails, I will see the three digit numbers. Good storms coming in this week and next, so I should see well over a 100 soon :eek:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
BOys the Firecat needs more gear!!! I know Cat geared it at 22-41 so the Zr900 would get it up top! Trust me gear it up!!
Skydog

·
Registered
622 Posts
The 50 mph speed limit was never an issue for me (I've been riding for 20-25 years here) but when I went to Michigan the first time I realized that I was missing something!! In MN where I ride most though, the trails are narrow and are twisty. Much over 50 isn't practical anyhow, safely I guess.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Skydog

i'm in...but how do I gear up. What specifically do you recommend. How do i get it done. Statements like that make me salivate as though I had a steak in front of me, accept I can't reach it. MEEE WANTS TO GEAR UP AND GOOOO

·
Registered
64 Posts
I DONT KNOW HOW FAST THIS THING GOES?TOO SCARED TO LOOK DOWN AT SPEEDO,MY YARD IS TOO SMALL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Dec 9 2002, 09:51 PM
BOys the Firecat needs more gear!!! I know Cat geared it at 22-41 so the Zr900 would get it up top! Trust me gear it up!!
Skydog
I agree. Going to try 23/40.

·
Registered
161 Posts
105 MPH and still breaking it in :) 25 miles on it as of tonight. Figured I'd have gotten more at top end but ran out of room.....Only problems so far(Knock on wood) is it takes a while to warm up.... Will be running some drags this weekend with some friends. I'm trying to get mine broken in better so I can whoop some butt.. Later, .........

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Jay you right on!!! I have a 23-40 going in mine to!! I know a few guys who have tested gearing and going with 23-40 is good for about 3-5 mph in1000 feet!With no lose in ET!!! :D For top speed not to sure? But i know it will be alot better! This motor will love smoe more gear it love to lug and pullllll!!!!:)
Skydog P.S. the gear you will need is 13wide Get a 23 top and a 40 bottom, You can use stock chain, Tip sled on side(so you dont lose lube) pull cover and change gears very easy!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The Zr8 is like 24/39 stock. Guys were going to 25/38 and loveing it!! I know the drive axle is diffrant on the Firecat. But i know the F7 motor is stronger than the old Zr800!I know the Firecat will just come to life with the 23-40 gear!!:)
Skydog :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi

Jeff at Dakota suggested going from the 22-41 to a 22-40 combo....claimed 2.5 more on top end...How does that compare to what you suggest, if you are just worried about top end....?

Captainkirk

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Dec 9 2002, 10:59 PM
The Zr8 is like 24/39 stock. Guys were going to 25/38 and loveing it!! I know the drive axle is diffrant on the Firecat. But i know the F7 motor is stronger than the old Zr800!I know the Firecat will just come to life with the 23-40 gear!!:)
Skydog :lol:
Skydog...keep me posted on what you get for results.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I will!! Going to test all this stuff!! My brother has a BONE STOCK F7!!Does not get any easer than that!:)
Skydog

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by captainkirk@Dec 9 2002, 11:02 PM
Jeff at Dakota suggested going from the 22-41 to a 22-40 combo....claimed 2.5 more on top end...How does that compare to what you suggest, if you are just worried about top end....?
I'm not the expert, but I would think that going to a 22/40 would lose top end.??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts