Hardcore Sledder banner

What is your top speed so far?

3276 45
My wife had hers doing 92 this past Sunday and she had to slow down because she was having a hard time hanging on. Make sure you hang on, your helmet is on tight, and don't look side ways. There is a lot of wind that comes over the low windshields so be prepared. We had a good first ride Sunday and put 137 miles on our machines. 107 mph was the best I could do. From 0 to 95 you are there in no time, but after that it takes a little more time to wind it up. Great Machines and no problems! :rolleyes:
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
In Minnesota, we have a 50 mph speed limit so I would never go that fast... What I can say though, is that on a fire road "a friend of mine" had his F7 going 104 and let off for a corner. That guy is a big trouble maker and rule breaker..

GEEZ I make me laugh...

·
Registered
609 Posts
95 MPHs, but not much snow. When the real snow hits the good trails, I will see the three digit numbers. Good storms coming in this week and next, so I should see well over a 100 soon :eek:

·
Registered
619 Posts
The 50 mph speed limit was never an issue for me (I've been riding for 20-25 years here) but when I went to Michigan the first time I realized that I was missing something!! In MN where I ride most though, the trails are narrow and are twisty. Much over 50 isn't practical anyhow, safely I guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Skydog

i'm in...but how do I gear up. What specifically do you recommend. How do i get it done. Statements like that make me salivate as though I had a steak in front of me, accept I can't reach it. MEEE WANTS TO GEAR UP AND GOOOO

·
Registered
155 Posts
105 MPH and still breaking it in :) 25 miles on it as of tonight. Figured I'd have gotten more at top end but ran out of room.....Only problems so far(Knock on wood) is it takes a while to warm up.... Will be running some drags this weekend with some friends. I'm trying to get mine broken in better so I can whoop some butt.. Later, .........

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Jay you right on!!! I have a 23-40 going in mine to!! I know a few guys who have tested gearing and going with 23-40 is good for about 3-5 mph in1000 feet!With no lose in ET!!! :D For top speed not to sure? But i know it will be alot better! This motor will love smoe more gear it love to lug and pullllll!!!!:)
Skydog P.S. the gear you will need is 13wide Get a 23 top and a 40 bottom, You can use stock chain, Tip sled on side(so you dont lose lube) pull cover and change gears very easy!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The Zr8 is like 24/39 stock. Guys were going to 25/38 and loveing it!! I know the drive axle is diffrant on the Firecat. But i know the F7 motor is stronger than the old Zr800!I know the Firecat will just come to life with the 23-40 gear!!:)
Skydog :lol:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Dec 9 2002, 10:59 PM
The Zr8 is like 24/39 stock. Guys were going to 25/38 and loveing it!! I know the drive axle is diffrant on the Firecat. But i know the F7 motor is stronger than the old Zr800!I know the Firecat will just come to life with the 23-40 gear!!:)
Skydog :lol:
Skydog...keep me posted on what you get for results.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Originally posted by captainkirk@Dec 9 2002, 11:02 PM
Jeff at Dakota suggested going from the 22-41 to a 22-40 combo....claimed 2.5 more on top end...How does that compare to what you suggest, if you are just worried about top end....?
I'm not the expert, but I would think that going to a 22/40 would lose top end.??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.