Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do all need to be a bit tolerant with AC, given that this is the first production year for the Firecats, but I don't understand why they have fudged up so many little quality issues. That is not like AC. I was reading about the Cracked Tunnels, and it just seemed odd that AC wouldn't have put these sleds through a more aggressive testing. You give someone the opportunity to buy a rocket, they're gonna drive it like a rocket, right? I read the posts each day--and see so many things that AC seems to have dropped the ball on--were they just in a hurry or what? I still love my F7, wouldn't trade it for the world. But, maybe AC bit off more than they were ready to with the release of theses machine...Just my $.02. :wacko:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many of the complaints ive heard about the f7 and my complaints seem to come from a lack of care for the sled. A lot of things need to be checked on any sled especially one that is so light. Many things are sacreficed to build a sled this fun to ride. I have noticed that many bolts on the chassis and the rear suspension are loosening up in about half the time as other cats ive had. A lot of the problems would be solved by people who look over their sled every ride

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Sabercatsnopro@Jan 29 2003, 01:38 PM
Many of the complaints ive heard about the f7 and my complaints seem to come from a lack of care for the sled. A lot of things need to be checked on any sled especially one that is so light. Many things are sacreficed to build a sled this fun to ride. I have noticed that many bolts on the chassis and the rear suspension are loosening up in about half the time as other cats ive had. A lot of the problems would be solved by people who look over their sled every ride
True...I look mine over, and have a great AC dealer!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also remember thar AC is by far the smallest of the big four. Corners are probaly going to be cut some how to keep up. They don't have the giant budget's of the other three

·
Registered
245 Posts
Unfortunatly, That means WE have to have THE BUDGET of the "other 3" to afford & maintain one of these new TEST UNITS. I have owned sleds from all 4, and so far I've got to say this is the MOST FUN to ride, but on the other hand, its also been the most trouble for me. My case coulda been an exception, but given the amount of "issues" I am reading about, I cant see that as being true ANYMORE.

I am willing to ride it out, as I BELIEVE CAT IS WORKING VERY HARD on correcting all these problems. I just hope that they come through in the end for all of us that were willing to deal with it :(

R

·
0 Posts
RUSTYO.F7.FIRST CAT FOR ME AND I DON,T KNOW HOW CAT COULD MAKE A SLED SO MUCH FUN FOR SO LITTLE PRICE.5 POLARIS BEFORE THE CAT, A LITTLE UN RELIABLE BUT A GREAT SLED UN SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT YEAR? HOPING CAT MAKES IT AN EASIER DECISION.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,201 Posts
I've been riding Arctics for over 20 years and I knew this was going to be a guinea pig year for the F's, hopefully all my minor problems are sorted out as my touring riding is just starting, the sled is all bagged up and ready to rock :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
:unsure: How do you care for a tunnel to keep it from cracking?? I thought a lot about this and this is just a thought, could the aluminum be stressed from bending in the manufacturing process? I polished my tunnel with mothers ,could i have rubbed too hard?? :lol: :wacko:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts