Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was poking around under my sled today 2003sabrecat 700lx ,got my hand on the side of the track where the drivers are on the side of the clutch,felt a bolt rattling,looks almost like a plate that bolts to the side of the tunnelwhere the drivers attach.anyone have any issues with this loosening up???????do i have to take the belt off to get a wrench on this bolt from inside the clutch area????any infowould be appreciated.
yamadude

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think the plate has 3 bolts that holds the bearing and the sensor for the speedometer. I think you have to take the driven clutch off to tighten them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think rif7 hit the nail on the head. Go to the link below and look under 2004 sabercat drive shafts and brake assemblies and it would be plate #4. Also, make sure the bearing isn't shot, the bearing on the speedo side of the drive shaft is famous for failing.

http://www.alpha-sports.com/arctic_cat_parts.htm

Pat

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THAT PLATE LOOKS LIKE IT i wonder if i can tighten them up without taking the clutch off.its only 1 bolt thats loose.how do i check the bearing?should i use loctite on this? can i just unbolt this clutch and pull it.?????? do the bearings just slide off the shaft or is it more involved than that?
thanks nice site good picture
yamadude

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
To get the secondary off just take the belt off, and unscrew the bolt (1/2 I think), the clutch will slide right off. You'll see a round metal piece with a wire coming out of it, thats the speedo sensor and you will see three nuts on it. Those nuts hold the bearing retainer, I believe they are nylon nuts so no locktite is necessary.

You'll need a bearing puller to replace the bearing, and you'll need to take the driveshaft out to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts