Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the trick for installing new head orings the inners I tried heating them up with a heat gun and stretching them some but no luck I double checked the p/n and I have the right ones. They are too small and wont stay in place.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You could try soaking them in Anti-freeze for a few minutes, see if they are easier to form and stay in place that way.[/b]
Are the orings at least close to being seated or are they 1/4" away.
I use a bit of grease on the ring at 4 sides to help keep the ring in place while I align the head
Rot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the orings at least close to being seated or are they 1/4" away.
I use a bit of grease on the ring at 4 sides to help keep the ring in place while I align the head
Rot.[/b]
yes they are small about 1\8 too small, the outers fit right in so Im wondering why the inners are so small

·
Registered
730 Posts
yes they are small about 1\8 too small, the outers fit right in so Im wondering why the inners are so small[/b]
sure they didn't give you a 700 kit or something? usually they fit pretty good, a dab of grease is all i use as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure they didn't give you a 700 kit or something? usually they fit pretty good, a dab of grease is all i use as well[/b]
part number 5411675 is what I have that is for 800 both of the the new orings are the same size but seem small

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Just pull on them slightly to stretch them a little bigger than the groove. Then hurry up and set the heads in place before the O ring shrinks back.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
how cold is it where your working? hot water and a warm work area sould be the very most you need !

·
Premium Member
39,132 Posts
Just pull on them slightly to stretch them a little bigger than the groove. Then hurry up and set the heads in place before the O ring shrinks back.[/b]

Bingo, that's the correct way to size them.

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts