Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the ride of the F7 was like? I have owned nothing but junk sled up until now. I want to snow check an f7 and was wondering how the narrow track feels? I am mainly a trail rider, and ditchbanger. Does it feel tippy? does it roll over easily? I hear people complain about not having the outer wheels on the track. Any help would be appreciated. I really do want one, but want to know the facts about some things like that. thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have owned several AC sleds since 1995. Before my '03F7STD I had an '01ZR800. I love the way the F7 handles. I did most of my trail riding in Michigan this year and loved how it handled the rough stuff as well as the nice sweeping turns. In the really tight stuff it took a little more work but I think that is because I have yet to adjust it as suggested in this forum. You will not be dissappointed with this sled or how it performs. Just make sure to reference this forum as much as possible to stay on top of any issues that might occur. Who knows, you will probably know more than your dealer.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The ride is great once you get the suspension set to your liking, very easy to adjust. The narrow tunnel is awesome. The tippiness thing is more of a result of the lightness of the sled, the narrow tunnel and the fact that this chassis really responds to what the rider is doing. If you lean the sled leans. The longer track (128) allows the sled to take the bumps much better than a regular track (121). The sled likes to have rider input not for a person that just likes to sit back on the seat and steer.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have a 99 ZR and a firecat. After riding the firecat for about 30 miles I jumped on my ZR and it felt like I was riding an old Eltigra. The firecat is awsome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a F5 standard and tippiness was a concern of mine also....... until I finally got to ride it. After a few miles to get the feel of it, it rides, handles, and steers great. You can ride it hard all day long and not feel tired at the end of the day. Like they say, try it, you`ll like it!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree. Arctic cat engineers said that ski width is what makes a sled stable or tippy. Since the firecats have the same ski width as the ZRs they will no be less stable. After riding an F5 this season, I agree with the cat engineers. the machine is perfectly stable as long as you lean into your corners and make sure the front end is stiff enough to reduce body roll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts