Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TD 3" Intimidater full exhaust, but ride with a homemade drone buster about 98% of the time. I've tried searching, but most seem to focus on power, but not volume. My priority is decreasing the volume, while keeping as much flow/ power as I can. I understand the there will inevitably be a decrease in power stepping down to a smaller/ quieter exhaust, but really I'll likely not care or notice. What are suggestions these days given the 1100 is kind of old hat? As an aside, I may be willing to trade my 3" setup for a 2.5 or some stealth setup (switchable cutout or similar). Thanks in advance for any opinions or suggestions.

·
Registered
283 Posts
TD and a few other sell the 3" modification to the stock exhaust muffler. That is what I have. I tried the TD quite exhaust and it had too much drone, the 3" mod to the stock muffler sounds almost stock and still makes good power.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the same as their mod-stock muffler? I've not heard them in use before. The drone is definitely a factor for me.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hurricane quiet muffler, little above stock, not loud ,no drone, running 270 I believe 2 1/2 inch.
Op is on an 1100. Mod stock muffler is the only somewhat quiet one IMHO. I started riding with earplugs when the 1100 turbo first came out and have not turned back.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the D+D switchable exhaust and love it. The quiet side does not drone and the loud side is fast. They stopped production but I think they will still build to order. Several of my buds switched from their loud Sandales and TD's after seeing and hearing mine.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ECC period
I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to check look it up unless you have a link

I have the D+D switchable exhaust and love it. The quiet side does not drone and the loud side is fast. They stopped production but I think they will still build to order. Several of my buds switched from their loud Sandales and TD's after seeing and hearing mine.
The switchable exhaust is what I think would be the best. I saw that TD used to make one, but quit production as well. I never see any for sale in classifieds either. I might have to contact D&D and see what they can do.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
ECC is the diverter. I bought a XYZ but D and D made it too. It has an electric motor that goes through a flex shaft to a y pipe before the muffler. It allows you to switch to a straight pipe through the belly pan. In one position it is almost as quiet as stock as there is a bit of leakage. I tried the Speedwerx and the TD as well. Did not like the drone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah the drone sucks big time, gets to be a bit much on a long day. I wear ear plugs which actually work pretty well but they are a PITA to carry around as I always forget them somewhere. I bought the Sandale Drone buster and it does a pretty decent job, but you loose some power, I run the TD Eco, so I will upgrade to Power Trail and use the drone buster. Thinking of sending my stock muffler to TD, there seems to be a lot of positive reviews about the mod stock.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to check look it up unless you have a link

The switchable exhaust is what I think would be the best. I saw that TD used to make one, but quit production as well. I never see any for sale in classifieds either. I might have to contact D&D and see what they can do.
TD had a switchable exhaust way back in 2012-13. Nice looking muffler, super quiet stock like sound. However they had a really short life, like 500 miles and the switching mechanism would be fried. After I fried it I got told, you have to open it if you run full throttle. I think they were made in Australia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts