Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I want the best no junk so whats out here?
Got a friend who just got a Garmin Etrex Lgend??? Good?
I'd like a bigger screen and in Color. Want to mount it to my riser like this...
Please post links and pics to help. Would like to take a drive up to Cabelas
this weekend, if I come to some kind of decision thanks a bunch....-Dave

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I just got the Garmin Etrex Legend in your first post above for christmas.. Need to figure the damn thing out!

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,367 Posts
I just got a Garmin 76 CSx for Christmas with a handlebar mount, put it on the ATV yesterday to learn how to use it, ordered another mount for the sled so I don't have to mess around moving the mount form toy to toy. I also got the instructional DVD.

Anyhow the screen is plenty big enough :div20: For more GPS info hit the link to the GPS forum, there are some real GPS experts here.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...p?showforum=235

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've got the garmin 60CSx and its awesome! the only drawback is the cost of software for it...but its well worth it...[/b]
The sofrtware is about $100.00 correct? I'll pay it if I want the best! My Nephew just got a Garmin
etrex legend can we both use the same software??? That would cut the cost down in half! :div20: -Dave

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you're married to the idea of buying a Garmin then the 60CSX or 76CSX are the top-of-the-line portable models . . . which is nice since you could move it from the sled to the truck to the ATV to the boat and so on and so forth.

I'm a die-hard Magellan user myself, but most of the folks I know that are die-hard Garmin users love these two new models.

In answer to your question . . . I believe you should have no problem using the same software as your nephew's eTrex.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just got the garmin 76csx. What ever model you get you NEED TO GET COLOR SCREEN. Big difference when riding and trying to see where you are. Some of the bigger units that have bigger screens are hard to mount on the new sleds, not much dash space anymore. The topo chip was $80 for the 76 csx, and just plugs into the back.

·
Registered
867 Posts
go Garmin 60csx...I have the 60c which is a couple years old...excellent....[/b]
Me too. I just have the non mapping 60c that I use for Hunting. Love it. Just wish it did mapping but that was all I could afford at the time. I used to have a Magellan GPS 315 and the Garmin is much better.

Kevin

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ive got the explorist 500,its my5th gps and the best so far,the best feature of magellans is that they have antennas that work,i usually pack mine in my coat pocket and let it track history,the batteries last longer not being cold and it never misses a point,the 500 locks on better than my sporttrack pro with the new 14 channel reciever,i too looked at the xl but its size turned me off,i had owned a e-trex and when it started malfunctioning on the 2nd day i returned it for another magellan,the garmin i had would loose a 3d lock when it never had a clear vision of the sky

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.