Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my secondary apart because the guy I bought it from had taken out the green one and put in the stock yellow one - said it made it more trail friendly?? In the last 500 miles or so it has sucked the belt into the secondary on 2 occasions so I disassembled it to put back in the heavier green spring and figure I'd take everything apart so I'd know what I was working with and I've looked all over the helix and see no markings of any kind on it how do I tell what I have? -- there was at the very start off this "setup" a red spring in the primary and was a green one in secondary and whatever I have for a helix - anyone got any ideas for what direction I should head for with this mess? combos that would work with some more info, kits ANYTHING at this point, and Ive done the forum search thing here and on arctic chat with no real results HELP PLEASE, I want to trail ride. Thanks

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you list the part # then we can look it up for you.[/b]
There is no numbers,letters or markings of any kind NOT even marks that would of been made if someone sanded/filed off any type of identification that why I was kind of hoping the color spring combo might ring a bell to someone. As I run my finger down the ramp I feel a transition(maybe flat spot?) in the angle but really don't see it just can feel it. As for setups, if anyone can help - its stock 800 with boysens,d&d can, 1" predator track studded, stock gearing, I'm a big guy 255lbs and trail ride a lot and get aggressive at times but my kids ride also so when we all go its "family time" easy ride so I'm looking to keep the stock gears and care more about a low-mid range performance set up through clutching then top speed PLUS stopping the belt from getting sucked in.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
There is no numbers,letters or markings of any kind NOT even marks that would of been made if someone sanded/filed off any type of identification that why I was kind of hoping the color spring combo might ring a bell to someone. As I run my finger down the ramp I feel a transition(maybe flat spot?) in the angle but really don't see it just can feel it. As for setups, if anyone can help - its stock 800 with boysens,d&d can, 1" predator track studded, stock gearing, I'm a big guy 255lbs and trail ride a lot and get aggressive at times but my kids ride also so when we all go its "family time" easy ride so I'm looking to keep the stock gears and care more about a low-mid range performance set up through clutching then top speed PLUS stopping the belt from getting sucked in.[/b]
Sounds like aftermarket clutching, no markings to keep there proprietary kits secret.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts