Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ski-Doo Freeride 146
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So far this year, I've seen (on the trails)...

1. A family walking their dog (using a sled)
2. A dead Deer (almost ran it over)
3. A dog trying to bite me

What kinds of other crazy things have you guys come across so far this year (or ever, for that matter)?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Two years ago there were four of us heading back to Rhinelander from Eagle River at about 2 in the morning after leaving the derby. We are completely lost and have no clue where the hell we are when we run into a suv on the trail. We stopped, it was a lady that was lost (really lost) looking for a girl scout camp or something like that. She was probably 3 miles in on the trail from any cross road. Probably the weirdest thing I have seen in a while.

·
Registered
305 Posts
2 years ago we came across a reality guy stuck with is corolla on the trail. He was out posting for sale signs about a mile off the road and then got stuck up to the doors on the trail. Needless to say the groomer was coming to help pull him out...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A black timber wolf crossed trail 2 as we were heading to Watersmeet right in front of us, that was cool! It was a big suckker too, must have been a male.

I've also come across womans under garments hanging from tree branches.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
2 Indian teenagers in an Oldsmobile stuck deep in the trail near Hayward. They were looking for the titty bar and got "lost". That's not the strange part. The strange part was watching them get pulled back to the road by a Thundercat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
last year we stoped in wakefield to get gas at the citgo. we go across the street to get some food. after a while the bartender asks us if anyone ownes a artic cat. we thought some one hit it in the parking lot. we say yes and go look out the window. some one is on my buddys sled trying to start it. the bartender said don't worry she allready called the cops. the guy was in the bar all day had a fight with his buddy and his buddy left him there. now i'm not sure what is funnier 1 the whole bar watching and making comments about a realy drunk guy stumble around checking spark plugs and trying to steal my buddys sled 2 how drunk the guy was at 3pm or 3 after a few conversations with the cop and not pressing charges the cop gave the drunk a ride home which was 6 blocks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
a brand new rental ski doo 550 frestyle burnt to the ground near land o lakes last week[/b]
How come it seems like only ski-doo's are burning to the ground? LOL.. Another ski-doo burnt up outside of Silver city in the middle of Dec. On South Boundry Rd. If anyone gets a chance, ther is still a small pile of metal remaining form it behind the General store in Silver City. Go take a look at it. LOL

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
2 Indian teenagers in an Oldsmobile stuck deep in the trail near Hayward. They were looking for the titty bar and got "lost". That's not the strange part. The strange part was watching them get pulled back to the road by a Thundercat.[/b]
aaaaaahhhhhh the power of a t cat :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Three years ago at 2 in the morning heading from Hurley to Mercer, I was leading heading down the rail road grade when I started having snow dust in my face. Started slowing down just in time to dodge an old yamaha 3-wheeler with no tail light pop up on the trail about 10' in front of me. That took an underwear change.

Saw a little kid get bounced out of a pull behind trailer as I was coming at them.

Groomer half off a bridge getting pulled out by something that looked like a wwII half track up by munising MI.

A one legged guy picking up the back end of his MXZ700 to get it unstuck, pulling it around and then hopping back on like nothing happened.

·
Registered
105 Posts
last year we stoped in wakefield to get gas at the citgo. we go across the street to get some food. after a while the bartender asks us if anyone ownes a artic cat. we thought some one hit it in the parking lot. we say yes and go look out the window. some one is on my buddys sled trying to start it. the bartender said don't worry she allready called the cops. the guy was in the bar all day had a fight with his buddy and his buddy left him there. now i'm not sure what is funnier 1 the whole bar watching and making comments about a realy drunk guy stumble around checking spark plugs and trying to steal my buddys sled 2 how drunk the guy was at 3pm or 3 after a few conversations with the cop and not pressing charges the cop gave the drunk a ride home which was 6 blocks.[/b]

Thats Club 28 in wakefield. It was probably the same guy but a few years ago my car got stolen from there in about the same spot as the sled was sitting! THey found it a few hours later and they believe the guy was a local and took it home as it was too far to walk! True story.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats Club 28 in wakefield. It was probably the same guy but a few years ago my car got stolen from there in about the same spot as the sled was sitting! THey found it a few hours later and they believe the guy was a local and took it home as it was too far to walk! True story.[/b]
i believe it

1 - 20 of 45 Posts