Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sandy Bay who was man enough to brave the cold? My sled was there with a friend running it, came second in improved 700. Tells me that the rules were a casual observation!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sandy Bay who was man enough to brave the cold? My sled was there with a friend running it, came second in improved 700. Tells me that the rules were a casual observation![/b]

Which sled was yours?

I was man enough to be there, just not man enough to leave my truck! Burnt half a tank idling with the heater on max from 1 till after 6
I have no idea who won what or what sleds ran where. I do believe they ran stock classes out first starting at 500 cc. Then they went into some improved and then all the way over to mods then back down again? I think....just going by what was going down the track and how fast they were going. Things got difficult later in the day as all the vehicles turned on their lights to help with visibility. Hardcore racing!!
I did notice that some sleds ran alot of classes. Alot of firecats there, dont know what sizes half of them were as alot of them were naked. A few Nytros that seemed to run in alot of classes. I think I only saw 1 xp. There were a few new F series sleds there. Some maybe running in mod class? Like I said, I never left the truck lol so I am just guessing as to who ran in what class. There was one fast black firecat there though!
Pretty good turn out considering the temperature.
Sorry I dont have any results, I just know what sleds seemed to be competitive.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sandy Bay who was man enough to brave the cold? My sled was there with a friend running it, came second in improved 700. Tells me that the rules were a casual observation![/b]
races man "races" i was there!...we got there early cause i wanted to test my sled with the D&D "WHY" pipe i call it the "WHY' pipe cause i sure thought why didnt i bring the stock one when i took off the pipe, fricken white everywhere, was burning at the borderline so i thought i'd ask around see if anyone had a stock y pipe, asked pure performance and another guy who had an F7 but no-one had. Kam from pure performance asked if i had a hose and i said no and walked away and got back to my vehicle and there's my brother thomas holding my syphoning hose saying "what about this" so i laughed and said i just finished saying i didnt have one and we cut it and let the line with the reducer just hang in there, put on the hose and tried it but only ran at idle and man after that it was super rich, we let it warm up and i told my brother to try it out make a few runs and we'll take a look at it again and if it's still too lean we're going home, tried it and came back and it was burning nice everything was brown the way it should be so i raced it but i didnt run in the improved 700 class..but i won in the 2nd in the 700 mod class, LOL my brother was gonna race my sled so we used his name when we signed up there, but changed his mind so, i was known as thomas, i ran in the 800 stock and man i gave that james a run for his money on that 800xp.....we were pretty much dead even, if he hooked he would win and if i hooked i would win and down the track i couldn't gain on him and he couldn't gain on me. was fun! ya missed out!....... there was some argument about a 600 triple formula there, i guess some guys were saying it wasnt stock, i didnt look at it so i couldnt say it was or not. got some pics and a couple of short vids, will post later. Kam make sure that onion of yours gets a good rest next time cause he sure was sleepy yesterday!......cya'll at ste. anne!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
thanx to the guys from sandy bay who put this and braved the cold!

·
Registered
968 Posts
hey thats me on the left in the top pic. Black Firecat no headlights. that was open mod class
Thanks to those who donated! hahaha:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
no-one? WTF![/b]
Heard thru grapevine that races were a joke. When a "stock" 93 Polaris beats a new Nytro by a big margin- something wrong here. Why do people have to cheat to win?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Heard thru grapevine that races were a joke. When a "stock" 93 Polaris beats a new Nytro by a big margin- something wrong here. Why do people have to cheat to win?[/b]

no idea man...........i know i don't!..................there was a nytro there that raced in my class .
i raced one and he got a good jump on me at the start cause i spun but reeled him in and tied him at the end for a rerun and beat him by a good margin in the next run cause i hooked!
so if thats the one you are talking about it wasnt that fast...there was other ones that seemed to be quick but i didnt race them so i couldnt say if they were!

·
Registered
196 Posts
no idea man...........i know i don't!..................there was a nytro there that raced in my class .
i raced one and he got a good jump on me at the start cause i spun but reeled him in and tied him at the end for a rerun and beat him by a good margin in the next run cause i hooked!
so if thats the one you are talking about it wasnt that fast...there was other ones that seemed to be quick but i didnt race them so i couldnt say if they were!
[/quot
I wasn't there, just from what I heard, no teching was done. This so called stock 600 had no casting or eng # on block. They were ground off.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
[/quot
I wasn't there, just from what I heard, no teching was done. This so called stock 600 had no casting or eng # on block. They were ground off.

ohh yer probably talkin about that triple 600 formula...i heard there was some talk about that sled but didnt hear what was said. i was busy with my sled!
yeah no teching was done no inspections to confirm stock or not.....i coulda ran in the stock class but i dont play like that
there was a couple of sleds running in the stock class that had cans on it....thats not stock but nothing was said about that....actually i did but the guy didnt know what to say!(the one that was yelling the names)....musta been local boyz!

·
Registered
196 Posts
If they think they have fast " stock" sleds, maybe they should race where teching is done and see what happens!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If they think they have fast " stock" sleds, maybe they should race where teching is done and see what happens![/b]
yes for sure!........same as always! play by the rules!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Speedy, I do believe they are talking about an older wedge style polaris. It was all black and really hauled ass. The formula ran well to but I think the polaris won the 600 class and maybe even the 700 class. All in all we had fun!

yes for sure!........same as always! play by the rules![/b]

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Speedy, I do believe they are talking about an older wedge style polaris. It was all black and really hauled ass. The formula ran well to but I think the polaris won the 600 class and maybe even the 700 class. All in all we had fun![/b]

oh yeah that sled that had the speed track and picks!...........thats the only one i really noticed givener outa the hole!..........always fun for me as well. sure gave that james a run for his money in the 800 class!

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh yeah that sled that had the speed track and picks!...........thats the only one i really noticed givener outa the hole!..........always fun for me as well. sure gave that james a run for his money in the 800 class![/b]

hey dude i was the drive of that wedge chasis polaris and it was stock other thne its can... think it ight ahve been clutched but watever why do people have to wine about losing... i did take the 600 and 700 stock class.. noone said the toher guys who couldn't run but i don't kno im not the owner of the sled jsut drove the bitch and it was dialed in right tahts forsure... sandy bay ice drags ont he 2nd

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey dude i was the drive of that wedge chasis polaris and it was stock other thne its can... think it ight ahve been clutched but watever why do people have to wine about losing... i did take the 600 and 700 stock class.. noone said the toher guys who couldn't run but i don't kno im not the owner of the sled jsut drove the bitch and it was dialed in right tahts forsure... sandy bay ice drags ont he 2nd[/b]
Bring it to St Anne's change the can and you can run in stock....

·
Registered
478 Posts
hey dude i was the drive of that wedge chasis polaris and it was stock other thne its can... think it ight ahve been clutched but watever why do people have to wine about losing... i did take the 600 and 700 stock class.. noone said the toher guys who couldn't run but i don't kno im not the owner of the sled jsut drove the bitch and it was dialed in right tahts forsure... sandy bay ice drags ont he 2nd[/b]
Good job at the Sandy Bay races on Saturday. You cut some excellent lights and the sled ran hard. We would like to see you and that sled at some more snow drags in Manitoba. We always take on a faster sled as a challenge.......
Bull

Hey Speedwerker!
I like the video you posted. That's yours truly on our F10 running in the open mod class against a ZR 9 I believe. LOL Was able to show the wife I wasn't kidding when I said we were racing long after dark.

Congrats to all the volunteers that did all the work at these races. I know it will be bigger and better next year. We had a great time!

Bull

1 - 20 of 22 Posts