Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a stock F7 coming in next week for extensive dyno tuning, will have D&D pipe and Vforce reeds to compare to stock. Anyone who has stuff they have purchased for their F7 may be able to send it to me for analysis on a stock sled. Everything tested here will be returned the next day along with SuperFlow dyno test results. Besides torque, HP, RPM we will show airflow CFM and fuel flow lb/hr from the EFI system. Let me know what needs to be evaluated along with the components I have so far.

·
Registered
997 Posts
How about testing the +3 timing key,I don't have one to send you as it's in my sled but it is only like $10.00 or so.. And if your thinking ;"Then send me the $10.00 I will split the cost with you. I would also like to see you test D&Ds bullseye airbox mod or thunder products version.Again I can't send the bullseye as I would then have 6 holes in my airbox..Anyone??? Thanks

·
Registered
951 Posts
Instead of the usual 12 sweep for pie-in-the-sky numbers, pull it hot for 12 minutes and let us know what the BFSC and temps do and if it lasts. That would be useful and a real eye-popper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
YEAH OK ... :wacko: let me send you my real expensive after market part's... and whats your po box# :blink:

What was that P.T Barum said?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pipeman- that key is a good thing to test, will get one myself. we use a magnehelic gauge to test airbox restriction (inches of water pressure drop). hugh- good point, I will try to send the sled owner out for cheeseburgers and while he's gone I'll do an extended length pull to see what rpm the HP peak climbs to. Does anyone know the actual coolant temp the engine get up to on long lake runs?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
es-if you got the newsletter before, email me with your address as it was listed in the newsletter, I'll hook you up with the online stuff going on now. i've ordered the offset key, now looking to see what else we can try.

·
Registered
57 Posts
jim, Im not good on this computer. so would like to know whjat state your in. If you are in north east I would like to bring my sled to you to test has most every thing you can put in it. Let me know where your located. my E-mail is "[email protected]"

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gary- I'm between Buffalo/ Rochester NY, we've scheduled the testing (on the stocker) for 2/17 (a holiday). If you have specific engine mods (porting, compression etc) we could test your sled the same way, the same day. what modes/ stuff do you have on your sled?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jim, nothing internal reeds(Vfroce III,d&d clutch fron &rear, d&d single pipe, bulleyes, ). Would you like to test.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gary- your sled is exactly like the one we'll be dynoing 2/17 so there's no need for you to come here. The guy bringing the sled is acquiring lots of other stuff, but we'll baseline and see what vforce do w/ stock and aftermarket pipe(s). Just wait for our dynotechresearch results. For these engines, airflow measurement is very useful, as is measuring fuel flow. This will be enjoyable to see what's really happening. One other variable we will try to measure is pipe center section temperature, using an EGT probe strapped tightly to the surface of the fat part of the pipe. Anyone can do that in the field to see what RPM they should clutch to. That is a key to determining where you should clutch your sled--the HP peak varies with the temp of the gas inside the pipe (the speed of sound is faster at elevated temps, meaning that the effective tuned length varies with the temp of the gases inside the pipe). People in the field can compare their typical center section temps with our dyno results, and this is absolutely critical in optimizing clutching/ acceleration. Riding style determines where your HP peak should be; mountain climbers and lake running madmen run for minutes at WOT, and their pipe temps are high meaning high RPM HP peaks. trail riders and dragracers run typically with cooler pipes, and their RPM where peak HP occurs will be much lower. Understanding this is key to optimal performance in all situations.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Does anyone know the actual coolant temp the engine get up to on long lake runs?[/b]
:rolleyes: I got a temp gauge in mine. My machine likes to be at 140 when pullin hard on it. 130-140 under normal snow conditions. 115 in really deep poweder. Possible 145 on low snow, slow speed conditions. If mine gets any hotter, it sucked in the snow flap. GD strap keeps breaking. Im gonna get 5" chain and chain that mother to the rear bumper. :wacko:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Jim, I am from the Buffalo area. If you need a test, we could use mine as the mule. I won't be back until after Feb 17, so if you need another to try, just email me. I will also be adding the Thunder Products intake valves and the Speedwerx intake tube on my sled when I get back. If you would like to do "stage tuning" on a stocker, you can use mine. I'm not shy about long pulls on mine either. I don't have V-Force reeds, but might be able to borrow some. I would like to keep the manifolds stock because my sled is an ISR stock racer. My schedule is very flexible. Let me know if you would like another to test. I'm open to any bolt on options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jim, thanks for the reply. I will be real interested in your results. Will you post them on here, and if so when?

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about a fuel test, between your high octane there (ours here is 92) and low octane (ours is 87) on both the regular and ethanol settings. Race fuel vs. oxygenated fuel. Different additives. Different oils would be interesting, too (synthetic vs. regular, AmsOil, Klotz, Arctic Cat, Torco, etc.). As mentioned before Reeds (Wolf Pack, Boyseen, V-Force) Spacers with stock reeds and reed variations. Hot pipe temps cool motor, hot pipe hot motor, cool pipe cool motor, cool pipe hot motor. Different sprakplug brands (NGK vs. Champion). My head is spinning!!!!! :wacko: There are a lot of ideas floating around. If you have the time to test half of them, it will be a good guage. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. :D

BM

1 - 20 of 27 Posts