Hardcore Sledder banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Been Good , got in 35 miles the other day with the kid and his new 1200 X renegade and panned my area of trail Saturday for first time in 2 years , got some tree work on trail by you tomorrow . Ronder still riding or give it up ?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yeah, i facebooked your club to let them know, south of that creek there is a big tree down on the trail. I put on 52 miles on Tuesday before it got warm. I wanted to get the break in done but the lack of snow isn't helping.

Ron is still riding, he still has his yamaha vector.

Any trips planned?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Tree is on landowners property but because it fell on trail and swamp isn't froze people are trespassing on his land so gotta move the tree , 5 or 6 trips so far but gotta get thru holidays first

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mighty,

How hard was the steering effort on your Sidewinder 137 compared to an Apex with EPS?

Love the EPS especially on those 250+ days of twisties. Had a Vector before and by the end of the day you would get a lot of arm fatigue.

Thanks!
I had an Apex with EPS and think the SW is just as easy. But I need some trail time to be sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
While in Houghton, MI, I had the chance to take this machine out for a demo ride. All I can say is, that MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOTOR just rocks! I love the exhaust note and the UNBELIEVABLE power of that motor is simply amazing. No turbo whine (although that would be cool to hear at times), and it is just a smooth riding machine. If I had the $$$$ I would buy one in a second.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mighty:

How'd you like the 137 track for on trail riding as opposed to a 121?

How'd the steering effort compare to an Apex w/ EPS?

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mighty:

How'd you like the 137 track for on trail riding as opposed to a 121?

How'd the steering effort compare to an Apex w/ EPS?

Thanks,

Fred
I love it. It does everything better; ride, hook up, stability and flotation. No steering effort at all. I have zero complaints with this sled. Cat built a great chassis powered by the best engine manufacturer in the business

·
Registered
104 Posts
Its still a Yamacat! It will be fast on the lake, but that is about it. Run that thing hard all day on the trails and at the end of the day, you will be whipped! The weight of 750lbs wet is a heavy pig.
Where did you come up with this weight? I guy weighed his sled while taking a video of it and it came in at 615 all fluids in and 2 gallons of gas in the tank. Gas weighs about 5lb/gal so all topped off it wouldn't be any more than 655lbs with a full tank. That is 95lbs less than what you state....

101 - 112 of 112 Posts